• Jun 20th, 2018 7:38 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13716 posts
2979 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I'm still waiting for the confirmation e-mail. Submitted the application at 4:50PM. Could have done it earlier but I was on the fence whether I needed it or not. Then I read the program and realized they do a home assessment as well.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19167 posts
6068 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Already have Nest... a few years ago I may have went out and bought a 20 dollar thermostat to replace for the "visit" and go through the junk but no thanks. I can see this being a real big waste of time.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
1726 posts
946 upvotes
GTA
In the past they have always clearly started in the terms that they reserve the right to reduce electricity needs by updating the temperature setting but these web pages do not have this mentioned.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16929 posts
6700 upvotes
Oakville
alanbrenton wrote: Nice. This is probably the honeywell:
https://slickdeals.net/f/10507228-honey ... mostat-130
Honeywell has a bunch of smart thermostats now. Could be one of the Lyric models, either. I hope they give us a choice - the Ecobee is a much better option for my large-ish house, with the sensors... But I guess we'll see once the program starts up.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1349 posts
331 upvotes
I guess we can just re-install a 'dumb thermostat' to get enrolled in this, for those who already have a Smart one? :)
Apr 22, 2009
217 posts
137 upvotes
Ontario
Not to nitpick but do you guys think it's the ecobee lite or the regular?
Banned
Feb 12, 2009
1129 posts
290 upvotes
Vaughan
freakyflow wrote: I guess we can just re-install a 'dumb thermostat' to get enrolled in this, for those who already have a Smart one? :)
That's my plan. Might as well sign up now and see how this works later. Pretty easy to take down my old Nest.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1365 posts
159 upvotes
Is the site down?

I can input all of my info but clicking submit button doesn't do anything
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16929 posts
6700 upvotes
Oakville
freakyflow wrote: I guess we can just re-install a 'dumb thermostat' to get enrolled in this, for those who already have a Smart one? :)
Entirely possible, yes. Kind of violating the spirit of the offer, but I don't see how they'd know.
vkizzle wrote: Going to try and pay the rep $100.00 to drop off the device and fake a report however he/she likes.
Having had a home energy audit in the past, there would be a LOT of data they'd have to fake (measurements, etc). I doubt they'll bite. And on top of that, seems like a lot of wasted effort to make what, $100-150 flipping it? Or if you're not flipping it and just want another smart thermostat to use at a different house, to *save* $100-150 vs buying one on Kijiji or getting one on sale.
Jan 18, 2016
605 posts
617 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
And what are you planning to do with your existing smart one..sell it on Kijiji!!
Dec 14, 2012
13 posts
6 upvotes
FYI if you read what they list, you have to enroll in a nest account with them to get it all setup so youll have to choose a new email, etc might be a pain to switch over all your nest devices etc.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26209 posts
4445 upvotes
Hamilton
geokilla wrote: Your house is brand new. Why did you even sign up dawg?
I have a programable one. Not a smart one. Hello????
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16929 posts
6700 upvotes
Oakville
mrgrimreaper2 wrote: FYI if you read what they list, you have to enroll in a nest account with them to get it all setup so youll have to choose a new email, etc might be a pain to switch over all your nest devices etc.
Where did you see that? I saw that they'll walk you through the installation process, but I didn't see anything about having to create a new account. Can't see why they wouldn't just let you use your existing Nest account if you had one.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13716 posts
2979 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I got my e-mail. Singed up a second time just in case because I previously did not get the e-mail.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4395 posts
659 upvotes
Just signed up, got the confirmation email immediately.