Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Ontario] Free Smart Thermostat. [2017 is full, registering for 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2018 7:38 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 11, 2017
21 posts
14 upvotes
Guelph
I have a house closing date in September but would like to get in on this. Think I'll can sign up now and book an appointment a month from now? I imagine there will be quite a wait to install all these. Hopefully they don't mail anything right away, since you can choose contact by phone or email.
Aug 4, 2004
719 posts
549 upvotes
IndyBeak wrote: Did the submit button work for you. Which browser you were using.
I am using Chrome
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
IndyBeak wrote: Did the submit button work for you. Which browser you were using.
Working well on Chrome.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3606 posts
2409 upvotes
Mississauga
cellsell wrote: I am using Chrome
Hmmm. Submit button was doing nothing for me on Chrome at my work desktop. Registered using Firefox on my phone. Got the email right away.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8048 posts
8623 upvotes
Downtown Canada
cellsell wrote: I just signed up and got the email right away.
I did it twice and no email. Using my chrome on Android
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
May 7, 2012
130 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
In the email received after signing up, it mentions that you will have a choice between the three companies (however model is not mentioned)
A home visit will include:
The installation of your chosen smart thermostat and a demonstration of how it works
A home energy review that will show you ways to reduce your carbon footprint and save money. Once your review is complete, you will receive a customized energy report of your home within a few weeks of your home visit.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41801 posts
30055 upvotes
Center of Universe
sky417 wrote: I already have Ecobee. Can I still sign up? I kinda want to switch to Nest..

Edit:
Just noticed,
nasa25 wrote: I don’t think you have the choice upon signup but definitely ecobee 3 ftw. You’ll either get a nest, ecobee or Honeywell unit

This is really good initiative for those people that don’t have a smart tstat already. Glad they aren’t allowing people that already have one to participate. It’d make no sense given that the actual point of the program is to reduce energy consumption/environmental footprint. No benefit if you already have a smart tstat and you’re just looking for a freebie.
How would they know, considering it would take less than 5min to swap back to a traditional t-stat (not saying I would do it personally)?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18701 posts
5729 upvotes
website crashed....RFD effect?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3606 posts
2409 upvotes
Mississauga
Another thing to notice is that this program includes a home energy review, so that sweetens the deal even more.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2658 posts
1546 upvotes
signed up. havent gotten email. cannot signup again with the same email.. so maybe will get email shortly.
PSN: Sakaban
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
vkizzle wrote: How would they know, considering it would take less than 5min to swap back to a traditional t-stat (not saying I would do it personally)?
True I guess. Unless you have a PEK installed at your furnace....
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
3000 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP! Signed up and now just waiting for the confirmation e-mail. I guess some get it immediately while others, like myself, will have to wait.
Dec 16, 2014
932 posts
519 upvotes
Easter Island
beggars can't be choosers
I'll take w.e as long as it's free & has wifi
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
4760 posts
383 upvotes
Signed up for my mom, got confirmation note on website but no email. Let's see how this goes!
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
vkizzle wrote: Do you even have a clue, or just like quoting various crap from the internet?
Please educate me, why Ecobee over Nest?

Ecobee is better due to remote sensors and HomeKit integration?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)