[Ontario] Free Smart Thermostat. [2017 is full, registering for 2018]

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2018 7:38 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 20, 2017
66 posts
37 upvotes
nasa25 wrote: Sir I hope you have an echo dot. If not, get one and install in bedroom asap. At 2am place a drop in call to your bedroom echo dot saying 'hello, hello' in a foreign accent. Lol's will ensue (on your end at least).
That is hilarious! I'll have to test that out
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
13389 posts
13782 upvotes
Oakville
Just got a call from GreenOn regarding the voicemail I left on the first day when the website was down. I told them I eventually got through the website and they just confirmed that I was on the primary list.
Nov 7, 2013
205 posts
91 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Is anyone getting a C-wire installed before GreenOn calls to schedule the thermostat install? I know I need one but I don't want to do it if GreenOn will for the install. I also don't want to disqualify myself by not having one (or telling them I don't have one yet).
Jul 5, 2004
24419 posts
3877 upvotes
LkPr5014 wrote: Is anyone getting a C-wire installed before GreenOn calls to schedule the thermostat install? I know I need one but I don't want to do it if GreenOn will for the install. I also don't want to disqualify myself by not having one (or telling them I don't have one yet).
The only thing that will disqualify you is if you already have a smart thermostat. The program clearly covers installation and I didn't read about any restrictions regarding that. So I wouldn't go out and pay for the installation of a C-wire. Let the installers do it when they bring your new thermostat
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21168 posts
10609 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
LkPr5014 wrote: Is anyone getting a C-wire installed before GreenOn calls to schedule the thermostat install? I know I need one but I don't want to do it if GreenOn will for the install. I also don't want to disqualify myself by not having one (or telling them I don't have one yet).
If they disqualified people that didn’t have a common wire at the tstat that would disqualify probably 75% of the people. I have to assume that theyll complete the install unless it’s an unreasonably challenging one. When they book the appt they’d confirm your setup anyway.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2486 posts
1144 upvotes
FYI - I got a call to confirm my address (it is a strange street name type... not ave or street) and was told that they anticipated scheduling installs in late september and early october for those in the first round of installs.

I registered for the program at lunch time on the first day.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10682 posts
2904 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
RubberCheese wrote: FYI - I got a call to confirm my address (it is a strange street name type... not ave or street) and was told that they anticipated scheduling installs in late september and early october for those in the first round of installs.

I registered for the program at lunch time on the first day.
Ahh crap. I'll be in Japan around then. Wonder how comfortable my wife will be if I ask her to uninstall the current smart unit and put back the old dumb unit.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2486 posts
1144 upvotes
ceredon wrote: Ahh crap. I'll be in Japan around then. Wonder how comfortable my wife will be if I ask her to uninstall the current smart unit and put back the old dumb unit.
That is just when they will call to schedule an appointment. You should be back by the time they show up :)
May 22, 2006
769 posts
23 upvotes
Funny, I registered about a week ago. but I never got a call back for Appointment date.
So I call in their 1-800 number and was told by the agent that they have not been calling people yet. Anyone got the call for home visit yet?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31153 posts
16904 upvotes
Ottawa
If they don't leave me messages, I will likely miss the appoitment; as I screen all calls related to home services etc...LOL
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
13389 posts
13782 upvotes
Oakville
vkizzle wrote: If they don't leave me messages, I will likely miss the appoitment; as I screen all calls related to home services etc...LOL
When they called me it showed up as GreenOn on my caller ID. They called me back because I had called and left a message to sign up when the website was down.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31153 posts
16904 upvotes
Ottawa
engineered wrote: When they called me it showed up as GreenOn on my caller ID. They called me back because I had called and left a message to sign up when the website was down.
Ok, I'll pick up when I see that.
Sep 17, 2016
226 posts
213 upvotes
KW
You guys who already have smart thermostats and signed up for this are absolutely beyond the pale ridiculous. It's a shocking waste. I hope you all stub your toes on something.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31153 posts
16904 upvotes
Ottawa
Marklxndr wrote: You guys who already have smart thermostats and signed up for this are absolutely beyond the pale ridiculous. It's a shocking waste. I hope you all stub your toes on something.
Whom are these "you guys", you are trying to call out?
Sep 17, 2016
226 posts
213 upvotes
KW
vkizzle wrote: Whom are these "you guys", you are trying to call out?
Have you read this thread? There's dozens of them.