• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2018 7:38 pm
Tags:
None
May 30, 2005
382 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Been over a month and a half and still nothing from them about next steps. So much for the "Over the coming weeks" contact that was mentioned. This Liberal government can't manage anything correctly.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2403 posts
694 upvotes
Nunavut
scath wrote: Been over a month and a half and still nothing from them about next steps. So much for the "Over the coming weeks" contact that was mentioned. This Liberal government can't manage anything correctly.
Coming weeks means < 6 weeks? It could mean 12 for all we know.. no strict time frame was given, peeps need to chill a bit
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
13389 posts
13784 upvotes
Oakville
Eldorado wrote: Coming weeks means < 6 weeks? It could mean 12 for all we know.. no strict time frame was given, peeps need to chill a bit
+1. People are getting mad over free stuff.... beggars can't be choosers.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3270 posts
747 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
I saw the thermostat at my friend's house who just got the highest end lennox furnace. How does something like the ecobee compare to that thing?
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
2320 posts
1068 upvotes
ontario
I've seen ads in my area for local companies hiring installers for this project (specifically naming greenon ). Ads were for contract work till Mar 31.

Sounds like they are mobilizing.
May 30, 2005
382 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Eldorado wrote: Coming weeks means < 6 weeks? It could mean 12 for all we know.. no strict time frame was given, peeps need to chill a bit
That is the problem with using the term "weeks" without giving a clearer expectation. With this logic they could have said in the coming days or hours as well. When something is not going to happen for a few months that it would be better to say months not weeks. If it was weeks and changes to months than why not communicate that things are taking longer than expected.

People are not getting mad over free stuff... when you leave things super vague and don't give any updates, people start asking questions on what is happening.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2403 posts
694 upvotes
Nunavut
scath wrote: That is the problem with using the term "weeks" without giving a clearer expectation. With this logic they could have said in the coming days or hours as well. When something is not going to happen for a few months that it would be better to say months not weeks. If it was weeks and changes to months than why not communicate that things are taking longer than expected.

People are not getting mad over free stuff... when you leave things super vague and don't give any updates, people start asking questions on what is happening.
No people are getting mad because they are impatient, it's been 6 weeks

If they gave a more clear timeline they would get roasted for not meeting it, but apparently giving a more vague one doesn't work either.. lose/lose? Such is the way people are these days I guess

Your comparison to the days/hours if very weak, currently it's still within the 'weeks' timeline that I would find acceptable

Though, I don't recall seeing a question in your snarky comment.. have you tried calling and asking them what the status is?
May 30, 2005
382 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Eldorado wrote: No people are getting mad because they are impatient, it's been 6 weeks

If they gave a more clear timeline they would get roasted for not meeting it, but apparently giving a more vague one doesn't work either.. lose/lose? Such is the way people are these days I guess

Your comparison to the days/hours if very weak, currently it's still within the 'weeks' timeline that I would find acceptable

Though, I don't recall seeing a question in your snarky comment.. have you tried calling and asking them what the status is?
I am not sure why you are so defensive on their behalf? My post was not a question but a statement.... last time I checked that was still allowed here. It will also still be "weeks" in one year from now. So as long as you find it acceptable... then we should all not question it? If they gave clear timelines and met them no one would be complaining. They gave vague timelines and no communication since. I have reached out to them asking when I should hear back on next steps and received the following generic response:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Green Ontario Fund.

You are registered for the program. We are presently on the registration
phase. We will be providing further details when we begin scheduling
installations. The program is scheduled to wrap up by March 2018. Please
continue to check your email for further details.

We will be sending consent letters at the time of scheduling.

In the meantime, check greenon.ca for additional energy-saving programs
in your area.

Best regards,

Green Ontario Fund

So I should hear from them sometime between now and March 2018.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3983 posts
708 upvotes
Came here to see if anyone heard anything yet and looks like not.

They've now changed the wording since they extended the program into 2018 but on launch day in Aug didn't it say this would be done by the fall 2017?
Oct 17, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote
Just got this e-mail from them.

Next steps in the GreenON Installations program.
Thank you for applying to the GreenON Installations program and taking the first step to reduce your carbon footprint! Ontario residents have shown tremendous interest in learning how they can fight climate change right from their doorstep.
What's Next
GreenON Installations will soon be up and running as program representatives begin to roll out across the province. A program representative will contact you to check the eligibility and compatibility of your home with smart thermostats and if eligible, set up an appointment to install a smart thermostat and conduct an in-home energy review.
When you are contacted will depend on when you submitted your application and the availability of installers in your area. You may hear from us as early as within a few weeks, or it might take a few more months. This program is very popular, so we thank you for your patience.
What You Can Do
The smart thermostats available through the program have been confirmed. It's up to you to decide which one will work best for your home. The eligible smart thermostats are:
ecobee3 lite
Honeywell Lyric™ T6
Nest Thermostat E
Take a moment to learn more about these models and their features as well as review their privacy policies concerning the use of data. You will need to let the GreenON Installations program representative know which model you would like installed in your home prior to your appointment.
You will also receive more detail about the contractual requirements for the program, such as the Participant Agreement that you will need to sign. This form asks you to authorize a program representative to visit your home to install the smart thermostat and perform an in-home energy review.
If you are a renter, you will also be sent a copy of the Landlord's Consent to be filled out by your landlord; and if you are a landlord, you will receive a similar form for tenants to sign.
Protect Against Fraud
Please be aware that GreenON Installations program representatives will always contact you before coming to your home. If you are called by a program representative and would like to verify their credentials, you can call the Green Ontario Fund Call Centre at 1-888-728-8444.
Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding the GreenON Installations program, contact info@GreenON.ca or call 1-888-728-8444.
In the meantime, please visit GreenON.ca to discover other energy saving programs you can take part in. Thank you for taking part in the fight against climate change.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31157 posts
16912 upvotes
Ottawa
Just received an email update that installations will start to roll out soon.
Choices are E3 Lite, Honeywell Lyric T6 and Nest E.
Jul 5, 2004
24419 posts
3877 upvotes
Got an email from them saying installations are going to start in the next few weeks.

The Ecobee bring offered is the lite version. I was planning on getting the Ecobee but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't go with the Nest instead.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31157 posts
16912 upvotes
Ottawa
Shaner wrote: Got an email from them saying installations are going to start in the next few weeks.

The Ecobee bring offered is the lite version. I was planning on getting the Ecobee but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't go with the Nest instead.
The Nest E, is also a "lite" version.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2572 posts
371 upvotes
Nepean
I just got a follow up email this morning. I had registered early on and wondered why I wasn't contacted earlier and totally forgot. Anyhow, here is what it says below..

For those who don't want to read. Thee options are
ecobee3 lite
Honeywell Lyric™ T6
Nest Thermostat E

Need to decided which one now I want.

Next steps in the GreenON Installations program.
Thank you for applying to the GreenON Installations program and taking the first step to reduce your carbon footprint! Ontario residents have shown tremendous interest in learning how they can fight climate change right from their doorstep.
What's Next
GreenON Installations will soon be up and running as program representatives begin to roll out across the province. A program representative will contact you to check the eligibility and compatibility of your home with smart thermostats and if eligible, set up an appointment to install a smart thermostat and conduct an in-home energy review.
When you are contacted will depend on when you submitted your application and the availability of installers in your area. You may hear from us as early as within a few weeks, or it might take a few more months. This program is very popular, so we thank you for your patience.
What You Can Do
The smart thermostats available through the program have been confirmed. It's up to you to decide which one will work best for your home. The eligible smart thermostats are:
ecobee3 lite
Honeywell Lyric™ T6
Nest Thermostat E
Take a moment to learn more about these models and their features as well as review their privacy policies concerning the use of data. You will need to let the GreenON Installations program representative know which model you would like installed in your home prior to your appointment.
You will also receive more detail about the contractual requirements for the program, such as the Participant Agreement that you will need to sign. This form asks you to authorize a program representative to visit your home to install the smart thermostat and perform an in-home energy review.
If you are a renter, you will also be sent a copy of the Landlord's Consent to be filled out by your landlord; and if you are a landlord, you will receive a similar form for tenants to sign.
Protect Against Fraud
Please be aware that GreenON Installations program representatives will always contact you before coming to your home. If you are called by a program representative and would like to verify their credentials, you can call the Green Ontario Fund Call Centre at 1-888-728-8444.
Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding the GreenON Installations program, contact info@GreenON.ca or call 1-888-728-8444.
In the meantime, please visit GreenON.ca to discover other energy saving programs you can take part in. Thank you for taking part in the fight against climate change.