Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 27, 2004
332 posts
2 upvotes

Ontario: G1 Knowledge Test

Hi,

After several years of putting it off I have decided to get my G1.

-How hard is the test? Some people I know have failed it.
-I am planning on purchasing the book, how would you suggest that I study it? If I read it through once (maybe twice) should I be ok? Do I have to sit down and study it?
-Also how many questions are on the test?

Thanks
57 replies
Banned
Jul 10, 2005
2489 posts
netgeek wrote:Hi,

After several years of putting it off I have decided to get my G1.

-How hard is the test? Some people I know have failed it.
-I am planning on purchasing the book, how would you suggest that I study it? If I read it through once (maybe twice) should I be ok? Do I have to sit down and study it?
-Also how many questions are on the test?

Thanks
Take your time readit 2-6 times.Then have a family memeber ask you select questions.Aslo try passthewheel.com.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2003
1879 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Easy test, if you've read the book and understand the rules of the road.

Multiple choice. It was either 20 or 40 questions, although 40 sounds excessive.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
1715 posts
Yeah the test isnt too hard if you've been paying attention on what goes on the roads when you are in the car with somebody else. Just look over the whole book once, and pay attention to the signs and symbols, and have someone test you on them. The rest is pretty much common sense.

Good Luck! :)
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1386 posts
13 upvotes
one of the qeustions: blue lights = snow plow.

i got perfect on my test.

this test is made for everyone from the highest IQ to the lowest. obviously, if u can get pass highschool with a high average, this test would b pretty easy.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
18660 posts
532 upvotes
Montreal
i skimmed through the book maybe twice. the most important part is about the signs, right of way and alcohol levels, and license suspensions.

I got about 40 questions and I think I missed 3 or 4. It was relatively simple though.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1160 upvotes
MadCow wrote:Easy test,
My brother, who had a mid 90's average in high school and 1590 on his SAT's, failed the written portion of the test the first time he took it. :cheesygri
if you've read the book and understand the rules of the road.
... and that was basically why -- he hardly studied for it.
These folks have taken over RFD, so I'm done here.

Mutu qabla an tamutu
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
3296 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
it was a breeze, 20 knowledge Qs 20 signs ie.

questions like when ur turning left in a single lane road, which side do u keep to? (left)

show you a "stop sign" waht is this? and you choose a.stop sign
Ask me anything about Auto, Home, Business, Commercial or Life Insurance. Or anything about annuities/segregated funds! :D
Banned
Dec 29, 2005
2181 posts
2 upvotes
Oakville, with Ryan.
Paranoidandroid wrote:$10
Seriously? I always thought it was $100...
That's why I've been afraid to go LOL; I feel under so much pressure...$100+ on the line, and that I'll just blank out.
Monday, April 10th 2006: Marks the day MuchMusic ruined themselves for years to come.
MOOD: Ready to get owned 7 ways from Sunday
Want to know all the Raptors Off Season Buzz..
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=278444
[OP]
Nov 27, 2004
332 posts
2 upvotes
So if you fail and you have to rewrite it, is the same test with the same questions?
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2003
1879 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
netgeek wrote:So if you fail and you have to rewrite it, is the same test with the same questions?
Some questions will be the same. They choose 40 questions out of a set of 100 or so.
Nov 13, 2005
665 posts
lol, it was a joke, I swear I never read the book and I got 39/40, I missed a sign, it was a sign that had a 50km/h on it with an arrow above it, I wrote that it meant the speed limit was 50 because I didnt see the arrow which made it mean approaching a 50 zone.
× < >