Careers

Ontario Internship Program (OIP)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2024 7:11 pm
Jan 20, 2009
105 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I applied to Project Management last year and didn't get in (probably because I wrote the whole resume in 20min before deadline), so I applied to Business this year. I hope I get to do the test, seems like an amazing opportunity.

i hope its not done by keywords. I hate using keywords in my applications. I like to focus and explain rather than just insert a few of obvious keywords.
Jun 5, 2008
281 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
ltguff wrote: I applied to Project Management last year and didn't get in (probably because I wrote the whole resume in 20min before deadline), so I applied to Business this year. I hope I get to do the test, seems like an amazing opportunity.

i hope its not done by keywords. I hate using keywords in my applications. I like to focus and explain rather than just insert a few of obvious keywords.
You must have just burned through the application if you only had 20 minutes!

I did the same thing, I applied night before closing I had more then 20 minutes, but I would have liked to have come back to my responses in a week to see them with fresh eyes. I doubt I'll get called in as I did not have the time advantage a lot of the other applicants must have had.
Jan 20, 2009
105 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
yep I regret doing that, because I did not even fill up the word limits. I only had a few sentences for each box. Well no worries, I am sure lots of people did the same thing this time as well. I am sure we will be fine :) (hopefully)
Jan 8, 2009
90 posts
1 upvote
hey, did anyone else apply for program and service delivery? it's a new area and sounded interesting. does anyone know if you have to be an ON resident to apply or is it open to anyone in canada?
Feb 2, 2008
401 posts
1 upvote
i guess tomorrow is the day if know if we are going further or not.
Feb 4, 2009
3 posts
Hey folks,

I guess tomorrow they are calling. I've yet to receive a call. Maybe it means that I didn't get invited. But I guess tomorrow will confirm.
May 14, 2003
429 posts
7 upvotes
Should just be an email stating you have made it to the written test phase and details on the test/location will follow.

Now I'm not sure if all of you should get emails by tomorrow, it says the SCREENING PROCESS will be finished tomorrow but it does not say they will invite everyone by tomorrow necessarily. I would say since the written testing phase starts on the 17th if you don't hear anything by middle of next week then throw in the towel :P
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=20573

Geeked Out Since Cub Scouts
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2004
5791 posts
52 upvotes
anyone else received an email?? :-0 :-0
rems wrote: yes...for those that say it doesn't are lying. There has to be some sort of physical attraction (unless you're visually impaired obviously). Looks get you there and personality keeps you there.
Jan 31, 2009
15 posts
I applied to the Business and Financial Planning. Since no one's received an e-mail yet I guess we can still hope, LOL.

Either that or none of us made it...
Jun 5, 2008
281 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Nokia_Baller wrote: I applied to the Business and Financial Planning. Since no one's received an e-mail yet I guess we can still hope, LOL.

Either that or none of us made it...
I think we'll have to wait awhile before any email, like previous posters have mentioned they will probably send the emails out for different focus areas at different times in about 1 week. Although who knows maybe they are all sent out and none of us got to the next stage. I doubt that though.
Jul 10, 2006
574 posts
4 upvotes
Totally did not see this post
i applied for Policy Development, crossing my fingers
Feb 3, 2009
29 posts
The not knowing is killing me. First one to get a Project Management quiz, please post so I can take Prozac!
Jun 5, 2008
281 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
2manyDegrees wrote: The not knowing is killing me. First one to get a Project Management quiz, please post so I can take Prozac!
I hear you. In this economy it's tough to find good entry level work like the OIP is offering.
Jan 27, 2009
16 posts
canada
2manyDegrees wrote: The not knowing is killing me. First one to get a Project Management quiz, please post so I can take Prozac!
LOL, I'm feeling the same way. I'm going to be out of province during the exam but they said I can organize to take it elsewhere if I get in, but that entails actually knowing at least 2 days before!!! Talk about stress.
Feb 2, 2008
401 posts
1 upvote
shalymecca wrote: LOL, I'm feeling the same way. I'm going to be out of province during the exam but they said I can organize to take it elsewhere if I get in, but that entails actually knowing at least 2 days before!!! Talk about stress.
i am surprised no one go it. if you see old post people got it email from them.
Jun 14, 2008
272 posts
6 upvotes
Where do people usually go after the two-year internship ends? What is the percentage of interns actually getting full time offers in the OPS or federal government?

And to the OIP interns: how hard do you work in terms of hours per week?
Feb 2, 2008
401 posts
1 upvote
engbad wrote: Where do people usually go after the two-year internship ends? What is the percentage of interns actually getting full time offers in the OPS or federal government?

And to the OIP interns: how hard do you work in terms of hours per week?
about 75% says in the website.
Feb 7, 2009
5 posts
I applied for policy development. No email yet, but the website says they will be screening the applications Feb 2-6, and that successful applicants will be notified via email. So my guess is successful applicants will receive emails throughout next week.
I did some research prior to applying, and at least the first two stages of the recruitment process are done by an outside firm, not the Ontario govt. And yes, the applications are reviewed by a program that looks for key words throughout the application (Ive been in contact with a current intern). As someone else said, I really don't think there will be an actual person/people reading through 3,000+ applications.

I'm surprised so many people waited until the last minute to apply... :confused:

Anyway, good luck to all!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)