Careers

Ontario Internship Program (OIP)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2024 7:11 pm
Feb 4, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
Bfpoip2020 wrote: For anyone who's done the written test in previous years about how many words were you asked to type in the 2 hours given. Trying to get a rough idea of how much research I should have prepared.
Anyone please?
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1075 posts
61 upvotes
Entered OIP in the summer of 2013 so my info is most likely outdated.

If the written test is structured in the same way as the one I wrote, my advice is don’t over-prep. It really isn’t the type of test you can really prepare for.

My test was broken up into two parts: multiple choice and two essays. The first essay tests your ability to synthesize a large amount of information under a strict/short time-frame, and the second essay is more career-oriented/self-reflection.

The biggest issue for me (as well as people I’ve spoken to) was not having enough time - make sure to keep track of it during the test!
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
aricebox wrote: Entered OIP in the summer of 2013 so my info is most likely outdated.

If the written test is structured in the same way as the one I wrote, my advice is don’t over-prep. It really isn’t the type of test you can really prepare for.

My test was broken up into two parts: multiple choice and two essays. The first essay tests your ability to synthesize a large amount of information under a strict/short time-frame, and the second essay is more career-oriented/self-reflection.

The biggest issue for me (as well as people I’ve spoken to) was not having enough time - make sure to keep track of it during the test!
They changed the written test winter 2019. It's completely different from what you wrote back then or what I wrote in 2018, assuming they kept the format that they had the 2018 interns test
Fido Customer - $24/30 GB for 10 mths then $29/30GB
Feb 2, 2020
16 posts
22 upvotes
Did my written test today! Anyone else really struggle with their time management?
Feb 4, 2020
3 posts
2 upvotes
How the test looks like? what type of Qs they asked you?
Sep 22, 2010
38 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
tseppy wrote: Did my written test today! Anyone else really struggle with their time management?
Hey what was it like? Can you give us a breakdown on what the format was like and questions?
Feb 10, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
alex.mag wrote: Hey what was it like? Can you give us a breakdown on what the format was like and questions?
Hope this isn't too late but don't worry about the questions, just think about the info they give you a week ahead of time and honestly you'll be great
Sep 22, 2010
38 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
boogerson wrote: Hope this isn't too late but don't worry about the questions, just think about the info they give you a week ahead of time and honestly you'll be great
Awesome thanks!
Feb 2, 2020
16 posts
22 upvotes
They will email you everything you need to know about the test 1 week in advance. It's pretty straight forward, my only tip is to read the instructions super carefully and manage your time well! :)
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
2506 posts
220 upvotes
Just noticed that Summer Experience Opportunity positions are due today. If you are a recent graduate and qualify, I'd encourage it as a backup if you're interested in getting into the OPS.
Mar 1, 2020
4 posts
3 upvotes
I haven't heard anything yet (HR). I was looking at old posts and it seems like we should hear around the 4th or 5th.
Feb 2, 2020
16 posts
22 upvotes
Anyone who hears back about the interviews please update us! The wait is so stressful lol
Apr 30, 2018
497 posts
538 upvotes
Vancouver
Did anyone get an email about the interviews yet?

Historically today's the day
Jan 21, 2020
11 posts
4 upvotes
I've never been so nervous before. Based on the past it looks like most people that made it to the interview got the job!

Question: After the 2 year development program, will we be considered external applicants therefore not able to apply for jobs due to the hiring freeze?
Mar 4, 2020
4 posts
2 upvotes
I also believe the program is only one year now.

I received an email for an interview.
Apr 30, 2018
497 posts
538 upvotes
Vancouver
Got the email! Im in the interview stage. Policy Development