Ontario Internship Program (OIP)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2017 9:54 pm
Feb 21, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
dealz4realz wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 1:43 pm
Any folks from the Program & Service Delivery stream hear back/waiting to hear back? :( [been checking emails constantly- sorry for the worry!)

Would love to hear from successful candidates re: how I could improve my interview for next year.
Patiently waiting. Like everyone else said - just need a yes or no so I can move on with my life!
Apr 16, 2015
3 posts
North Vancouver, BC
monbon wrote:
Apr 5th, 2017 2:52 pm
Does everyone get emails for reference checks? or just the ones being considered?
I asked this after my interview because I wanted to use my current employer as a reference but only if I knew for sure I they would't be contacted unless I was actually going to get an offer. They said yes, they only contact references for those that are going to get an offer. So hopefully that's accurate and congratulations are in order for those who got that email already!

In answer to dealz4realz's question, I'm also in the PS&D stream and haven't heard anything yet. I'm also checking email (and this forum) obsessively...
Apr 7, 2017
2 posts
Hi,

Only two of my references were contacted (I put 3). Is this normal? Should I email the oip program and ask?
Apr 8, 2017
9 posts
It seems from the past forum that some people had their references checked and never got a job offer.
I wish the process was a little more transparent.

Does anyone know if they only score you based on your interview, or is it the whole process?
Feb 1, 2017
45 posts
5 upvotes
lrnewbie wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 10:23 am
It seems from the past forum that some people had their references checked and never got a job offer.
I wish the process was a little more transparent.

Does anyone know if they only score you based on your interview, or is it the whole process?
I was told that it is only based on the interview.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2010
1730 posts
250 upvotes
theordinary wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 3:08 pm
I was told that it is only based on the interview.
Correct. At this point, the highest scoring candidates based on the interview are reminded to contact references. The checks would be conducted at this time.

Resume is for placement purposes, assuming you are successful.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6448 posts
339 upvotes
Richmond Hill
~SauFung wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 3:42 pm
Correct. At this point, the highest scoring candidates based on the interview are reminded to contact references. The checks would be conducted at this time.

Resume is for placement purposes, assuming you are successful.
Does it matter if they contacted 2 instead of 3 references? What does the number of references contacted imply?
Feb 1, 2017
45 posts
5 upvotes
jeffyjaixx wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 4:00 pm
Does it matter if they contacted 2 instead of 3 references? What does the number of references contacted imply?
did they contact your references in the order you submitted? like the first two?
Apr 8, 2017
9 posts
Only my third reference has been contacted so far (well maybe my second but they haven't told me).
My first reference hasn't gotten anything.
Apr 4, 2017
5 posts
Has anybody from the policy development stream yet to hear anything? Slowly ascending into madness over here.
Oct 8, 2016
1 posts
Anyone in the Business Planning and Finance focus area and have received the email for reference check? When was your interview?

I had my interview on the 30th and I have not heard back.
Mar 21, 2017
3 posts
Hi Everyone,

For those still waiting to hear back about a reference reminder - I inquired about the reference process and they informed me that all successful applicants have been contacted. Don't forget to ask for feedback on your application - you can always apply again next year if you are still eligible!
Deal Addict
May 23, 2010
1730 posts
250 upvotes
jeffyjaixx wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 4:00 pm
I remember them contacting 2 out of 3 references first but contacted the latter a day later. They are quite speedy though.