Careers

Ontario Internship Program (OIP)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2017 11:46 am
Feb 21, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
If anyone has been contacted from Program and Service Delivery stream, please do let us know!
Apr 9, 2017
3 posts
kkeenn114 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 2:49 pm
Anyone in the Business Planning and Finance focus area and have received the email for reference check? When was your interview?

I had my interview on the 30th and I have not heard back.
Same from Business Planning...still waiting > <
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6323 posts
307 upvotes
Richmond Hill
lroip1234 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 5:52 pm
Hi Everyone,

For those still waiting to hear back about a reference reminder - I inquired about the reference process and they informed me that all successful applicants have been contacted. Don't forget to ask for feedback on your application - you can always apply again next year if you are still eligible!
Wait what? I thought offers are rolled out starting the 12th. By being contacted, you mean the applicants themselves through email? Or just the references.
Apr 8, 2017
8 posts
jeffyjaixx wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 9:24 pm
Wait what? I thought offers are rolled out starting the 12th. By being contacted, you mean the applicants themselves through email? Or just the references.
I'm pretty sure just in terms of reference check emails (those have all been sent out). Job offers don't start until Wednesday.
Apr 9, 2017
1 posts
But is that reference check emails for all applicants or just those in Iroip1234's stream? Seems too early for them to have sent out emails to everyone...
Apr 9, 2017
3 posts
lrnewbie wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 9:47 pm
I'm pretty sure just in terms of reference check emails (those have all been sent out). Job offers don't start until Wednesday.
so only the people listed on the reference sheet will be contacted for reference, but no emails regarding reference will be sent to applicants themselves right?
Apr 10, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
Sayitaintso wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 6:34 pm
If anyone has been contacted from Program and Service Delivery stream, please do let us know!
I applied to PSD - was contacted on April 5th. My references have also received and submitted the reference check.
Feb 1, 2017
38 posts
5 upvotes
dennistennis wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 9:53 pm
But is that reference check emails for all applicants or just those in Iroip1234's stream? Seems too early for them to have sent out emails to everyone...
I'm in a different stream and received my reference check email on the 5th and same with another person in the HR stream.
Feb 1, 2017
38 posts
5 upvotes
CottonC881239 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 10:21 pm
so only the people listed on the reference sheet will be contacted for reference, but no emails regarding reference will be sent to applicants themselves right?
Emails were sent out to some applicants on April 5th notifying them that their references will be contacted for the checks.
Mar 21, 2017
3 posts
Sorry for causing confusion - here is the email they sent (I had inquired about the status of the reference check process):

"At this time, all candidates who have moved to the referencing stage of the recruitment process have been contacted. If you are unsuccessful in 2017, you may reapply for next year's program (2018) provided you continue to meet the program eligibility criteria. Please note that a new application is required every year."

I did not ask specifically about the stream I applied to, so I assume this applies to all of the streams.
Mar 10, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
kkeenn114 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 2:49 pm
Anyone in the Business Planning and Finance focus area and have received the email for reference check? When was your interview?

I had my interview on the 30th and I have not heard back.
CottonC881239 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 9:11 pm
Same from Business Planning...still waiting > <
BFP here. Got the reference check e-mail on April 5th and had 2/3 references contacted the next day. Interview was in mid-March. Hope it still works out for you guys.
Apr 11, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
Oh my goodness. It is 11am on the first possible day of offers and I already am constantly checking my phone. Anyone else feeling like this?
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel