Ontario Internship Program (OIP)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2024 7:11 pm
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
firehawk12 wrote: This is pure speculation, but unless there's a change in vaccination plan, most people who are working age won't be fully vaccinated until September or later. I don't expect the government to recall all 60k people until after that... which makes that probably October/November? We're also hoping that vaccines work against the variants, but who knows.
If you happen to go into a role that requires on prem, that's different. But for a standard policy or program delivery position, I'd be surprised if a manager insisted you came in just so you could sit in a room together to write a deck or deliver a presentation.
What you're saying is speculation too, and the policy that was developed last fall was to force people in at a certain % despite the rising case counts and only got put on pause weeks and weeks later. I'm not staying you'll be back right in Sept, but rather, you shouldn't make blanket statements like, you don't need to be in the office until 2022. If people are making job decisions, living decisions on a statement like that (which frankly its the internet, they shouldn't but anyway) it could screw them up.
Fido Customer - $24/30 GB for 10 mths then $29/30GB
May 5, 2021
2 posts
Hi folks,
Did anyone get an offer from Data Analytics/Business Intelligence in IT stream?
Mar 27, 2021
13 posts
5 upvotes
Have any of you begun completing the placement survey yet? How many ministry options are you choosing? It doesn't give us an estimate number to pick and I'm mostly interested in 3 of them.
May 17, 2021
1 posts
4 upvotes
Just got an offer for the Policy Stream... Hang in there they are still giving out offers. If you don't make it, try again next year, and good luck on your journey. I have been looking for a job for over a year and I finally landed something, so patience is key.
May 6, 2021
4 posts
1 upvote
I did get a call in early June asking which placement I'd like since my personal research area wasn't available at the Ministry of Health.
Apr 30, 2021
7 posts
2 upvotes
I received my placement today, has anyone else received theirs?
Dec 24, 2007
858 posts
144 upvotes
GTA
Memakeeper wrote: Hi folks,
Did anyone get an offer from Data Analytics/Business Intelligence in IT stream?
Which locations/ministries offer this stream?
Mar 20, 2022
2 posts
Had anyone heard anything back yet for OIP 2022?

They said written tests are taking place march/April.
Mar 4, 2021
2 posts
bbqpauk wrote: Had anyone heard anything back yet for OIP 2022?

They said written tests are taking place march/April.
Hey! I received an invite for a written test last week
Mar 30, 2020
3 posts
2 upvotes
Welp, I guess OIP hasn't invited me for further down the process for the internship.
Mar 20, 2022
2 posts
TamanP79834 wrote: Welp, I guess OIP hasn't invited me for further down the process for the internship.
Ya, guess its over for me too.
Apr 25, 2022
3 posts
Anyone hear back for the interview stage yet? I applied for the program service and delivery stream, did the written, not sure if interview invites have been sent out yet tho.
Apr 25, 2022
3 posts
RichardOIP wrote: Has anyone got interview yet?
Hey, I ended up hearing back for an interview in early May. Waiting to hear back if I got the job or not now. Not too sure when they'll be sending out those so if anyone gets a job offer please let us know, thanks!
Apr 25, 2022
3 posts
RichardOIP wrote: Has anyone got interview yet?
Hey, I ended up hearing back for an interview in early May. Waiting to hear back if I got the job or not now. Not too sure when they'll be sending out those so if anyone gets a job offer please let us know, thanks!
Nov 12, 2010
408 posts
124 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
My nephew has applied for OIP. Hope she will get this internship. This program looks super competitive.

Wait, what happened to the people applied in 2023? The most recently post was from 2022.
Software Engineer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)