Ontario Internship Program (OIP)

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2017 6:30 pm
Apr 10, 2017
25 posts
2 upvotes
Emeraldoip wrote:
May 19th, 2017 3:15 pm
I wouldn't assume anything to be honest. Having your references checked is a very good sign as I know for sure they don't do it for everyone who was interviewed. I also do know that people get their references checked and offers weeks apart even in the same stream. Also, don't go by the statistics on this forum - we are just a handful here that are active :)

Hang in there and remain positive. Since you've had yours checked recently, maybe you can get an offer as far as June.
I agree. They don't provide full details until early-mid June (according to the offer e-mail I received). At the rate things have been going, I wouldn't be surprised if they're still sending out offers in mid-June. Good luck!
May 25, 2011
34 posts
3 upvotes
risxli wrote:
May 19th, 2017 3:28 pm
I agree. They don't provide full details until early-mid June (according to the offer e-mail I received). At the rate things have been going, I wouldn't be surprised if they're still sending out offers in mid-June. Good luck!
mid June...wow...I cant believe the scheduling is so off this year...that's crazy!
Apr 12, 2017
20 posts
skip2mylou123 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 3:27 pm
Thanks! I really hope so....I called HR Associates and they told me that all offers "should" be rolled out by the end of the month. This is why even for my reference check email, it stated that the references would be contacted within 1 business day as opposed to the normal 3-5 business days given back in April. It seems like a this point they are fast tracking it and trying to wrap it up as soon as possible. So I hope we don't have to wait for much longer...
There you go. I wouldn't be surprised though if they move the timelines to June from "end of May". They've already moved it from "early May" to "mid-May". I know the wait is painful but it'll be worth it!
Apr 20, 2017
8 posts
Just wanted to chime in and say that I also got a call just when I gave up and started searching for other employment opportunities. My call came in on the 16th while I was travelling and I returned the call on the 18th (just before the 2 day deadline) in which I received the conditional offer.

Good luck to everyone else! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
May 25, 2011
34 posts
3 upvotes
just got the call! I got the offer! woohooo for those that are waiting...hang in there!
Apr 12, 2017
20 posts
skip2mylou123 wrote:
May 24th, 2017 3:20 pm
just got the call! I got the offer! woohooo for those that are waiting...hang in there!
Yay! Congratulations! I still have no call. I'm guessing they are only doing additional offers now.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel