• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2019 11:43 am
Feb 1, 2019
4 posts
2 upvotes
Desire4acuity wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 10:48 am
Hello there,

So it was my first timer to apply for OIP as my co-worker strongly suggested to do so.

To those who are saying that experience matters - well I have pretty extensive HR experience ,almost a year, and still did not pass the first round.
My hypothesis is that you need to incorporate all the competencies listed under your focus area within the application questions - obviously not listing them verbatim but including them in a way where it's evident your experiences helped you develop those competencies/you were able to exhibit those competencies during your experiences. Obviously I can't say that with certainty, but that's kind of my guess.
Feb 9, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
Desire4acuity wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 10:48 am
Hello there,

So it was my first timer to apply for OIP as my co-worker strongly suggested to do so.

To those who are saying that experience matters - well I have pretty extensive HR experience ,almost a year, and still did not pass the first round.
I think it's a combination of all factors and overall luck with over 4000 people applying for 100 positions last year. I completed two co-ops in the OPS in policy positions (one line ministry and one central agency) and did not pass the first round either.
Feb 8, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
Nijnat wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 1:25 pm
My hypothesis is that you need to incorporate all the competencies listed under your focus area within the application questions - obviously not listing them verbatim but including them in a way where it's evident your experiences helped you develop those competencies/you were able to exhibit those competencies during your experiences. Obviously I can't say that with certainty, but that's kind of my guess.
I was aware regarding incorporating competencies listed under Focus Area and tried to pull out as much information as possible from my educational and employment background.

I believe there is a reason why I was not selected - but got really surprised to be cut off so early in the stages.

Congrats to the rest!
Sep 1, 2018
51 posts
6 upvotes
Why could you apply to OIP, if you know it’s hiring freeze throughout the whole OPS?!?!
May 19, 2015
843 posts
322 upvotes
Centre of the Univer…
Rayflygon wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 12:14 pm
Why could you apply to OIP, if you know it’s hiring freeze throughout the whole OPS?!?!
Because the hiring freeze is absolute on external hires except for things like OIP? It's one of the only ways to get in unless you work for Metrolinx or something

As for internal, it depends on the ministry, division and how critical the roles are. Certain positions you have to hire for. It's situation dependent
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️
Jan 1, 2011
124 posts
5 upvotes
Probably tomorrow.

Has anyone written the test today? I find the preparation instructions vague and am unsure of how much research to do before my test tomorrow Astonished Face

EDIT: Nevermind.
Last edited by Ca20 on Feb 13th, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 30, 2019
8 posts
4 upvotes
opsfutureservanthopefully wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 3:19 pm
if my written test is next tuesday at 2pm when should i expect my email containing all the information needed?
Did you get it yet? My test is Friday morning and they sent the email at the end of the day last Friday.
Sep 5, 2009
147 posts
40 upvotes
Ca20 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 4:57 pm
Probably tomorrow.

Has anyone written the test today? I find the preparation instructions vague and am unsure of how much research to do before my test tomorrow Astonished Face

EDIT: Nevermind.
Did you find the test difficult?
Jan 1, 2011
124 posts
5 upvotes
rL wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 8:57 am
Did you find the test difficult?
Not really. It's mostly managing your time. The 2 hours goes by pretty fast - I didn't have time to do a thorough edit and didn't use up all the space allotment.
Sep 5, 2009
147 posts
40 upvotes
Ca20 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 12:41 am
Not really. It's mostly managing your time. The 2 hours goes by pretty fast - I didn't have time to do a thorough edit and didn't use up all the space allotment.
Agreed. I had the same experience.
I'm very curious to how they will score it.
Dec 11, 2018
15 posts
9 upvotes
rL wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 10:12 am
Agreed. I had the same experience.
I'm very curious to how they will score it.
Same thing happened to me!! It definitely didn't feel like two hours
Sep 5, 2009
147 posts
40 upvotes
Anyone know when the last written exam will be?