Careers

Ontario Internship Program (OIP)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2024 7:11 pm
May 18, 2009
116 posts
1 upvote
HR123 wrote: When I got home from work today, my package was waiting! I got my first choice - Oshawa with MGS.
Wow, I really wanted in for that but they didn't even consider my resume+coverletter :( Can you give me tips?
Oct 30, 2008
38 posts
Toronto
Okay, so mail arrived today and no contract :( And I have to leave tonight for about a week! Sucks!! I've never been less excited to go to a wedding, believe me.

Anyways, can someone please tell me how much time we have to send the contract back? Is there a date?

Thanks!
Apr 14, 2009
8 posts
GettingBusy wrote: For HR which bldg are they telling you that you are in?
777 Bay Street, with the Min of Gov Services.

Rabsrulz, I think we have until Tuesday to get the contracts back. I think! Dont have it in front me right now.
Apr 5, 2009
10 posts
Got my package today! Ministry of Transportation in St. Catharines (1st choice). Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 23rd!
Mar 3, 2009
70 posts
Ontario
Still no contract.
However, it's at the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs in Guelph (second choice).

Does the contract say where the orientation will be on the 23rd?
Oct 30, 2008
38 posts
Toronto
spanx wrote: 777 Bay Street, with the Min of Gov Services.

Rabsrulz, I think we have until Tuesday to get the contracts back. I think! Dont have it in front me right now.
Do you mean this coming Tuesday?? May 26th?? or the week after (June 2nd)? Because I still don't have my contract, so supposing it arrives tomorrow, to get it to them by Tuesday May 26th I'd have to sign it immediately and send it back no? That's a bit rushed!!
Apr 14, 2009
8 posts
Coming Tuesday/wednesday. Definitely wasn't the week after. Why don't you call them to inquire, its province local delivery so it shouldn't be taking this long?
Oct 30, 2008
38 posts
Toronto
spanx wrote: Coming Tuesday/wednesday. Definitely wasn't the week after. Why don't you call them to inquire, its province local delivery so it shouldn't be taking this long?
Well, the only number I have is for HRA, so I called them and the lady was like all contracts have been sent out. She knows that for a fact. So it's just a postal service thing if I haven't received mine yet. I asked her about the deadline for next week and how I'm supposed to meet it if I get my letter on Monday or something. She said that it just has to be postmarked (sent out) by Tuesday. But if I didn't get it by Monday I was to call them.

**sigh** I wouldn't be this anxious if I didn't have to be out of town for a wedding this weekend. I was planning on leaving today, but now I've had to delay my plans to leave tomorrow. I was also planning on staying a week, but doesn't look like that'll happen either if I don't receive my contract tomorrow. I'm not complaining, I'd rather have a job than go to any wedding, but it's just stressful!!
Feb 10, 2009
50 posts
I am in Toronto (1st choice) at the Ministry of Children and Youth Services, in the Communications and Marketing Branch!

All the TO folks should def. get together and share experiences!

Yay!
Apr 5, 2009
10 posts
Hey Rosewater ... I've been in Guelph for the past 5 years and I can help you find housing fairly quickly. If you need a hand, shoot me an email and we can arrange to have a chat or I can send you some links to housing websites. My email is mholden@uoguelph.ca, let me know.

rosewater wrote: Still no contract.
However, it's at the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs in Guelph (second choice).

Does the contract say where the orientation will be on the 23rd?
Apr 13, 2009
12 posts
okjames wrote: Hey Rosewater ... I've been in Guelph for the past 5 years and I can help you find housing fairly quickly. If you need a hand, shoot me an email and we can arrange to have a chat or I can send you some links to housing websites. My email is mholden@uoguelph.ca, let me know.
hey okjames and Rosewater

I have been placed in Guelph for Project Management. I also lived there for a couple of years. okjames-did you place there? What is OMAFRA like-anyone know??
Mar 3, 2009
70 posts
Ontario
okjames wrote: Hey Rosewater ... I've been in Guelph for the past 5 years and I can help you find housing fairly quickly. If you need a hand, shoot me an email and we can arrange to have a chat or I can send you some links to housing websites. My email is mholden@uoguelph.ca, let me know.
Thanks! I just sent you an e-mail.
fun1 wrote: hey okjames and Rosewater

I have been placed in Guelph for Project Management. I also lived there for a couple of years. okjames-did you place there? What is OMAFRA like-anyone know??
I guess we'll officially meet in a month or so! I look forward to visiting Guelph for the first time this weekend. Also, I'm curious about OMAFRA as well...
Apr 14, 2009
10 posts
Toronto
Congratulations to people who got their contracts! Orientation is in downtown Tor. Anyone knows how MGS is? I am curious to know but unfortunately the web-site doesn't have much info....I wish they sent us a package with information on the ministries...I guess we will have to do something about it for next year's interns... ; )
Jul 24, 2008
28 posts
Brantford
None of the Queen's people have received contracts yet and we're all in LR or HR. I'm not too concerned at this point. The offer was made so if I receive the package super close to the deadline I'm sure they'll understand if we get in touch and say we just got the info.

You'd think that if it was getting close to crunch time, and you accepted the verbal offer, they would get in touch to see what's happening in the event that they don;t have your signed contract in hand. Maybe they will, but I'm hoping it doesn't get to that point.

Is the orientation on the 23rd at the MGS?
Feb 11, 2009
81 posts
1 upvote
hey everyone

sorry, it took me so long to respond back to your question about how the package arrived...anyway you have already received that answer (regular mail)...i think someone asked me where downtown i was...

so i am at 2 bloor street west...which is right at yonge and bloor in downtown toronto.

orientation is on june 23 with everyone else..

i think someone asked me what my title was and it is "assistant human resource advisor"

toronto ppl...let's keep in touch!

HR ppl, can you indicate your titles? thanks :)
Oct 1, 2007
33 posts
1 upvote
Hi, is there anyone got their contract yet for the IT focus area? Still no contract for me today. Thanks.
Mar 27, 2008
32 posts
GTA
soedmond wrote: Hi, is there anyone got their contract yet for the IT focus area? Still no contract for me today. Thanks.
Hey, I'm in IT and I haven't gotten a contract yet either. Hopefully they'll come in the mail next Monday! If they don't, we'll need to call and let them know that we don't have contracts yet.
Mar 23, 2009
26 posts
Just got my contract.... 400 University ave (university and dundas)... anyone looking for a roommate in Toronto?
Jan 8, 2009
90 posts
1 upvote
BizBuzz wrote: Congratulations to people who got their contracts! Orientation is in downtown Tor. Anyone knows how MGS is?
I completed my placement for school at the MGS. Super cool ppl. Very young crowd considering. Of course I can only speak to the area I was working in. If you have specific questions I can try to help.
Aug 13, 2003
169 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Hey GettingBusy, let me know if you need any pointers for good eats around 400 Uni. I'm placed right there at the moment (BFP Focus)Congrats to all.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)