• Dec 7th, 2017 7:11 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 16, 2013
405 posts
47 upvotes
Vaughan
i have tried every avenue to get info from the guys plates and no luck.

I have the tech guy in the plaza coming in tomorrow so he can send me the file of my car being hit along with a screen shot of the plate.

The damage is probably north of $1500, its a bmw and parts aren't cheap.

Looking at the video today, you can clearly see him notice he hit my car and then drives off...ah well, let the police deal with it and he will get a nice surprise when he get charged with a hit and run
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29111 posts
1001 upvotes
Fernando Po
Seriously, the guy hit and ran. Sick the dogs (insurance and police) on him.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7218 posts
748 upvotes
GTA
You used to be able to do a plate search at the Ministry for $12. I don't know if you still can or not. It won't be too useful if you still can. As an individual, you will only be provided with the registered owner's name, not their address.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Dec 4, 2017
33 posts
6 upvotes
sillysimms wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2016 3:41 am
You used to be able to do a plate search at the Ministry for $12. I don't know if you still can or not. It won't be too useful if you still can. As an individual, you will only be provided with the registered owner's name, not their address.
Just an update as I am currently going through this myself. It is now $18 and takes 10-15 business days. This is the actual link:

https://www.apps.rus.mto.gov.on.ca/jtip ... ethod=view

Make sure to select the date of the accident. Only gives you owners name but between google, facebook, and a little luck, you should be able to find out some info to show up on their door step.
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
367 posts
154 upvotes
Zoinkk540 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:13 am
Just an update as I am currently going through this myself. It is now $18 and takes 10-15 business days. This is the actual link:

Make sure to select the date of the accident. Only gives you owners name but between google, facebook, and a little luck, you should be able to find out some info to show up on their door step.
Just hope his name's not something like Joe Smith lol or even any name with a Singh or patel! It will be like finding a needle in a haystack..
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2990 posts
540 upvotes
Home
Zoinkk540 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:13 am

Add linkedin. Facebook accounts are often private, but linkedin info is mostly public.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16380 posts
4996 upvotes
Ottawa
AnthonyL140 wrote:
May 31st, 2016 3:43 pm
Lol are you guys serious? I asked a simple question, I wanted to know if anyway I can get info on a plate. That's it that's all.

No I wasn't gonna public shame him lol, just wanted to call him and say you hit my car and it's gonna cost x amount to fix. Either pay me or I'm going to go through insurance, I wanted to be nice so he doesn't get charged with a hit and run.
There's your problem...
Nov 23, 2011
81 posts
28 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
May 31st, 2016 10:24 pm
Answer is no. Unless you know a cop who has access to CPIC.
You're not gonna find any info relating to a marker on CPIC....
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4977 posts
2477 upvotes
Edmonton
vkizzle wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:54 am
There's your problem...
Keep in mind that the original round of posts were made over a year ago... The OP has probably resolved their dilemma.

C
Sep 7, 2007
89 posts
20 upvotes
Woodstock
If you go to the police with the video evidence, they will contact the other driver and call him in and give him a chance to settle with you. That is if it's a genuine accident and not an obvious hit-and-run where charges need to be laid. It happened to me once when I brushed someone's bumper backing out of a parking spot during a thunderstorm and didn't know it. Someone inside the store got my plate and contacted the police. The police called me in and explained what had happened and I paid the other owner without involving insurance.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16380 posts
4996 upvotes
Ottawa
CNeufeld wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:39 pm
Keep in mind that the original round of posts were made over a year ago... The OP has probably resolved their dilemma.

C
Thanks for the heads up...I didn't even notice!
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
11248 posts
896 upvotes
AnthonyL140 wrote:
May 31st, 2016 3:43 pm
Lol are you guys serious? I asked a simple question, I wanted to know if anyway I can get info on a plate. That's it that's all.

No I wasn't gonna public shame him lol, just wanted to call him and say you hit my car and it's gonna cost x amount to fix. Either pay me or I'm going to go through insurance, I wanted to be nice so he doesn't get charged with a hit and run.
...lol
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4977 posts
2477 upvotes
Edmonton
vkizzle wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 4:32 pm
Thanks for the heads up...I didn't even notice!
No worries... It was more a post to remind others that the initial issue was probably solved by now.

C
Jul 24, 2009
598 posts
390 upvotes
kitchener
Smiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With Open Mouth
AnthonyL140 wrote:
May 31st, 2016 3:03 pm
Anyway to do this? Someone hit my car in a parking lot and wanted to settle it without going through insurance. I have the video and plate #.

Mto wouldn't give me anything, said I need a vin
Tracking someone down by their licence plate or just getting the VIN is easy....PM me and I will guide you through it.