2019 Air Miles Shop the Block

Ontario - METRO - 50 BAMS WUS $25+ on Metro Catering Menu (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2019 12:35 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2083 posts
1085 upvotes
Ontario
Tiberius wrote: I'm guessing you can pay for the catering order by redeeming miles and still have this STB offer work... good find
Tiberius wrote: Is everyone just showing up in store and finding pre-prepared items to purchase? I was thinking it would have to be ordered through the website or ordered in advance...
I purchased, in-store, pizza, rotisserie chicken and a side (all Fresh2Go items) and redeemed 190 pts and got the STB offer (on receipt and posted).
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4454 posts
2085 upvotes
ross312 wrote: The location close to my house has updated their system and does not allow customers to put in coupon PLUs like these ones. It will prompt for an attendant to enter it, but odds are they might do it anyways.
you are right, they changed my checkout kiosk too. When I punch in the PLU code for STB, it said a CSR will come by to assist me later and when she logged in, it went to a new blue screen that I entered the PLU code.
Member
Dec 20, 2011
337 posts
92 upvotes
Windsor, On
Tiberius wrote: Is everyone just showing up in store and finding pre-prepared items to purchase? I was thinking it would have to be ordered through the website or ordered in advance...
I've gotten the fruit/veggie trays at the cold counter. They both counted. All the sandwiches seem to count. The premade dinners in the middle section. Many items are working with this.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1207 posts
523 upvotes
Ottawa
Did those fruit/veggie trays say Fresh2Go on the label? A lot of prewrapped stuff did, but the fruit/veggie trays didn't. Too expensive if no STB and didn't want to risk it.
Member
Oct 9, 2011
388 posts
110 upvotes
aw1883 wrote: Did those fruit/veggie trays say Fresh2Go on the label? A lot of prewrapped stuff did, but the fruit/veggie trays didn't. Too expensive if no STB and didn't want to risk it.
Would like to know too. does all prepared food in store count as "catering menu"? There are bakery items, cake on the fresh2go online store, do they count?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4454 posts
2085 upvotes
jjesskaka wrote: Would like to know too. does all prepared food in store count as "catering menu"? There are bakery items, cake on the fresh2go online store, do they count?
I know cake counts (someone mentioned before), but not sure about other prepared food that are not located at fresh2go counter
[OP]
Sr. Member
Aug 23, 2010
562 posts
498 upvotes
GTA
aw1883 wrote: Did those fruit/veggie trays say Fresh2Go on the label? A lot of prewrapped stuff did, but the fruit/veggie trays didn't. Too expensive if no STB and didn't want to risk it.
I bought a family sized salad that didn't have the fresh2go sticker and the BAM showed on my receipt. The BAM have since been posted on my account as well.
Member
Dec 14, 2017
249 posts
157 upvotes
On
I was at Metro today and picked up a pizza (not on sale) and a couple of side salads plus a couple of other grocery items. I got the STB 50 BAMS and cashed in $10 however the clerk took $20 off by mistake. I didnt notice it till I got to the car. I think the 25 BAMs will post later. This was another STB offer on my Gold account.
Member
Sep 9, 2005
222 posts
20 upvotes
I got the "get 105 miles when redeem 285 miles in metro" offer in the email. I am hoping to get 105 miles plus STB 50 miles when spend $30 on food by redeem 285 miles.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2003
5523 posts
1098 upvotes
Toronto
qiao wrote: I got the "get 105 miles when redeem 285 miles in metro" offer in the email. I am hoping to get 105 miles plus STB 50 miles when spend $30 on food by redeem 285 miles.
Same here. I'm going to try it tomorrow.

I believe as long as the cashier agree with your items and scan the coupon, you will get 50 miles and count for STB.

Last week, I went to a cashier and tried to buy prepared sandwich. She entered manually and system rejected and she didn't know how to Scan the STB coupon, and told me these items don't count and insisted only items in catering menu.

Took the sandwiches and lined up at another cashier, she knew how to enter the coupon, and it worked.
Last edited by ricedion on Dec 8th, 2019 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4454 posts
2085 upvotes
I got an email "get 105 miles when redeem 285 miles in metro", then another email today for get 40BAM when you spend $40. So tomorrow, I plan to include $25 of fresh2go with my $40, redeem 285AM and pay $10, I should get 40+105+25+50=220BAM back. At the end, that would be spending 60AM + $10 (+ tax) for $40 worth of stuff and 1 STB offer. That is probably better deal than spending $50 out of my pocket at Rexall as I need only one to complete my STB
Jr. Member
Feb 16, 2011
165 posts
79 upvotes
ricedion wrote: Did the Metro fresh2go deal:
got 2 XL pizza (9.99 each) and a rice side (5.99)
I used self-checkout, and tried to enter PLU 87338, but did not work like before; and require cashier assistance as per screen.
Cashier entered coupon code 87338 instead (not PLU code), but system accepted the code, 50 bonus miles shown on my receipt with description "Metro catering".

Let us know if you have a different experience. Or if the PLU code works for you
Did your.miles get posted on your airmiles account? If so, What does it say in your account?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2003
5523 posts
1098 upvotes
Toronto
vudeshie wrote: Did your.miles get posted on your airmiles account? If so, What does it say in your account?
Yes.
On the receipt, it says "Metro Catering"
From airmiles site, it just says Bonus Miles.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 6, 2012
4865 posts
368 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
how much is an extra Large Pizza at Metro usually cost and had anyone tried ordering it ahead of time so you don't have to wait at the grocery store? Their web site don't have much option for ordering online through it
Zoomer Wireless & Public Mobile customer
Sr. Member
Nov 26, 2014
828 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lostwords wrote: how much is an extra Large Pizza at Metro usually cost and had anyone tried ordering it ahead of time so you don't have to wait at the grocery store? Their web site don't have much option for ordering online through it
Usually 13or 14 with 3toppings but on sale this week 9.99. Some ppl say u can call to order nut I never tried.

Top