6 upvotes

15% off Ontario Science Centre Membership

Savings:
15% off
Expiry:
October 9, 2017
Retailer:
Ontario Science Centre
I got an email from the Ontario Science Centre for membership Appreciation Days.

Save 15% on gift Memberships or, share a 15% discount on Memberships with friends and family using the promotion code: MBPRSHARE
('cause it’s more fun together)

You can see the different membership levels here:
http://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/Memb ... /Benefits/

We use the reciprocal benefits quite a bit as we take many road trips to the states and it's nice to just stop off at a science centre on the way for a quick visit to break up the drive.
13 replies
Nov 27, 2016
71 posts
57 upvotes
chicklet78 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 7:59 pm
I got an email from the Ontario Science Centre for membership Appreciation Days.

Save 15% on gift Memberships or, share a 15% discount on Memberships with friends and family using the promotion code: MBPRSHARE
('cause it’s more fun together)

You can see the different membership levels here:
http://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/Memb ... /Benefits/

We use the reciprocal benefits quite a bit as we take many road trips to the states and it's nice to just stop off at a science centre on the way for a quick visit to break up the drive.
Nice. A lot has changed over the years with the Ontario Science Centre and there seems to be a lot more repeat value. I remember as a kid it was pretty boring, but the complex is so huge you can't see it all in one visit anymore. I already went twice this year, otherwise would definitely get one of these.
Oct 12, 2008
306 posts
342 upvotes
Markham
Great deal OP!

Also for anyone who might be tight on budget and happen to live, work, go to school or own property in the city of Toronto, you can access the Ontario Science Centre, ROM, AGO, Toronto Zoo and other cultural locations by getting a free Toronto Library Card.

Information here: http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/museum-arts-passes/
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26200 posts
6059 upvotes
GTHA
Dave510 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 1:39 am
Great deal OP!

Also for anyone who might be tight on budget and happen to live, work, go to school or own property in the city of Toronto, you can access the Ontario Science Centre, ROM, AGO, Toronto Zoo and other cultural locations by getting a free Toronto Library Card.

Information here: http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/museum-arts-passes/
How early in the morning did you line up outside in the library for these free passes?
Oct 12, 2008
306 posts
342 upvotes
Markham
tk1000 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 10:28 am
How early in the morning did you line up outside in the library for these free passes?
Never personally went for them so not sure how easy or difficult it is.
Aug 5, 2008
150 posts
91 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 10:28 am

I heard from the security guard at my local library people will line up from around 5am.
Last edited by cutey130 on Sep 10th, 2017 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1457 posts
433 upvotes
People camp outside the library like it's for boxing day at 4am on some Saturday mornings, and have chairs to sit on. Considering the library doesn't open until 9am you have to think hard about whether this is worth it or not.
Aug 12, 2011
168 posts
47 upvotes
NORTH YORK
not all libraries have them. normally the first ones to go are the zoo (especially in the summer) and science centre. if you line up by 7 during the fall you can usually get your pick, although people do go earlier. the rom is usually the next most popular one. any of the others you don't have to really line up for.

but totally agree with the science centre membership and it's reciprocal benefits. even in ontario you can get into london children's museum (good for younger kids), science north (sudbury), science center in windsor, there's also a few in ottawa and montreal.
Dec 17, 2014
155 posts
73 upvotes
I renewed for 2 years before they jacked up their prices this year. Just to compare what you used to get:
Gold - 2 adults, any 4 kids + 4 guest passes/year + free omnimax and free parking anytime.

Now, not a single package includes more than a few parking and omnimax vouchers. You now get much more value from the Toronto Zoo for less cost overall. I won't be renewing the SC this time around.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2733 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
How easy/cheap is parking over there?
public transit not an option for me.
Dec 17, 2014
155 posts
73 upvotes
bsobaid wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 11:32 am
How easy/cheap is parking over there?
public transit not an option for me.
They have their own lot at $10 / visit. Note some of the membership levels come with a few vouchers.
[OP]
Sep 6, 2017
4 posts
6 upvotes
I bought mine a year ago (not sure if it's changed since) - they mailed my membership to me, no picture, and they also emailed me an immediate "print at home" temporary membership (valid for 90 days) so I could visit right away. When you use your membership at the science center, they ask for photo id.
Feb 20, 2010
15 posts
1 upvote
Try to renew before discount expires which will be tomorrow. The code doesn’t work.