None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2004
1331 posts
83 upvotes
Mississauga

Ontario on track to eliminate deficit in 2017: Wynne

Do you believe anything this woman says?
85 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
4336 posts
298 upvotes
Selling off Assets (one off), carbon tax and additional revenue tools ....I can see it happening. She'll still have a $300bn debt
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378

I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2014
2110 posts
372 upvotes
Ottawa
People who walk out on their family have 0 credibility. It's the highest act of selfishness and by default not putting the greater good above yourself.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2370 posts
298 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
I read Thread title as Ontario on track to eliminate Wynne in 2017: My mistake
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
4131 posts
645 upvotes
eldeejay wrote:
Jul 18th, 2016 2:30 pm
I read Thread title as Ontario on track to eliminate Wynne in 2017: My mistake
That's also my wish deep inside
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2003
1961 posts
55 upvotes
GTA
Good news. Annual economic growth projected to be 3%.

Do you agree with Premier Wynne that the growth proves that her government's plan does work.
Ontario economy growing faster than projections
Ontario’s provincial economy is growing faster than that of Canada, the United States, or any other G7 nation, boasts Premier Kathleen Wynne.
https://www.thestar.com/business/2016/0 ... -2017.html
By Robert BenzieQueen's Park Bureau Chief
Mon., July 18, 2016

Ontario’s provincial economy is growing faster than that of Canada, the United States, or any other G7 nation, boasts Premier Kathleen Wynne.

Citing new gross domestic product data, Wynne noted Monday real growth for the first quarter of this year was 0.8 per cent, which Queen’s Park estimates as annualized at 3 per cent for this year.

That’s well ahead of the 2.2 per cent GDP growth rate that the Liberal government projected for 2016 in the February budget.

“Our plan is working,” the premier told reporters after a tour of software company Infusion’s Toronto offices on Wellington St. W.

“I’m very pleased that Ontario’s economy posted strong growth in the first quarter,” she said.

Finance Minister Charles Sousa said the gains were propelled by higher exports of 1.7 per cent and manufacturing growth of 1.2 per cent, due to a Canadian dollar that is weaker against the U.S. greenback, which, in turn, is boosting Ontario’s auto industry.

Sousa added that household spending is up, which is good news for provincial coffers.

Even though the province has announced an additional $200 million over four years to improve autism services and hundreds of millions more in increased spending on doctors, the deficit will be eliminated next spring on schedule, the treasurer said.

“We are on target. We are meeting our obligations and we’re looking forward to balancing the budget next year,” he said.

“With every budget, we always build in prudence and we built in again for this budget, recognizing that there would challenges ahead, recognizing the economy globally was still uncertain.”

At the same time as the economy is picking up steam, Wynne’s government is still looking for savings in its operations, she said.

“Each ministry has been looking at how to maximize the envelope, maximize the dollars that they have and how to work to change the delivery of services so that those services are delivered more efficiently,” the premier said.

“That process is going on at the same . . . those reviews are happening at the same time that we are making investments.”
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
6021 posts
423 upvotes
Toronto
I think a significant part of that story is "Finance Minister Charles Sousa said the gains were propelled by higher exports of 1.7 per cent and manufacturing growth of 1.2 per cent, due to a Canadian dollar that is weaker against the U.S. greenback, which, in turn, is boosting Ontario’s auto industry."

In other words, the gains are being propelled by factors outside their control. That's not a "plan"; it's just luck!
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
25994 posts
1460 upvotes
Winnipeg
Jimbobs wrote:
Jul 18th, 2016 3:29 pm
I think a significant part of that story is "Finance Minister Charles Sousa said the gains were propelled by higher exports of 1.7 per cent and manufacturing growth of 1.2 per cent, due to a Canadian dollar that is weaker against the U.S. greenback, which, in turn, is boosting Ontario’s auto industry."

In other words, the gains are being propelled by factors outside their control. That's not a "plan"; it's just luck!
their effort of cock blocking the oil pipeline helped reduce the value of our dollar, so it is somewhat under their control.
4930k/32gb/256gb ssd/8tb hdd/win10pro/msi 290
list of ongoing trades BST & free stuff giveaway
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1946 posts
254 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Her plan is to have employers direct deposit everyone's pay into the Liberals bank account, we get nothing.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
407 upvotes
Concord, ON
Pulling a Harper with a one time special balanced budget I see
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel