Automotive

Ontario - trying to get an electric car (FFE, Leaf, Bolt) - All sold out?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2018 9:03 pm
[OP]
Jan 16, 2017
388 posts
236 upvotes

Ontario - trying to get an electric car (FFE, Leaf, Bolt) - All sold out?

I didn't know it would be so hard to get an electric vehicle. Everywhere seems to be sold out/don't have any instock. I spent this whole week calling a bunch of dealerships in the greater toronto area with no luck.

please can anyone help me get one of these cars
9 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2057 posts
374 upvotes
If u are desperate and willing to spend around 50k then Go to Kijiji and takeover someone’s reservation ( u should be able to takeover below 500$))
and get Tesla model 3
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Dec 7, 2004
283 posts
18 upvotes
You might get lucky and be able to find a Leaf if you call around a few dealers. Otherwise, the only ones in stock is the Volt. I've seen those at the dealer lots.
Aug 27, 2017
1 posts
I pick up my new Chevy Bolt EV one month ago. I ordered it last July. While I was waiting for it I saw several canceled orders that I could have purchased but I wanted a specific colour and options so I stuck with my order. You can call dealers across Ontario and tell them to call you if they have a canceled order. I think you will have better luck with dealers in smaller towns. Also check out Canadian Facebook Groups of the models you are interested in. They often report available cars. Good luck with your search.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
2035 posts
624 upvotes
reesefitzmaurice wrote:
May 27th, 2018 3:32 am
I didn't know it would be so hard to get an electric vehicle. Everywhere seems to be sold out/don't have any instock. I spent this whole week calling a bunch of dealerships in the greater toronto area with no luck.

Have you try this:
https://www.chevroletoffers.ca/VehicleS ... rice%7Casc

There's even one dealer (with like 2-3 vehicles) within Toronto.

Good luck.
Dec 27, 2010
396 posts
31 upvotes
Just an FYI to the folks in here that the electric/hybrid vehicle rebates in Ontario are paid for by the cap and trade program. Once Doug Ford wins, that'll be the end of the program because the PCs ate committed to getting rid of it. Go buy your electric/hybrid vehicles now.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9373 posts
2730 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
boblobob wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 5:28 pm
Just an FYI to the folks in here that the electric/hybrid vehicle rebates in Ontario are paid for by the cap and trade program. Once Doug Ford wins, that'll be the end of the program because the PCs ate committed to getting rid of it. Go buy your electric/hybrid vehicles now.
Once again don't say he'll win like its a fact, more like if, big if. He is currently trailing and has quite a few issues around him that will probably guarantee his loss
May 17, 2018
201 posts
80 upvotes
reesefitzmaurice wrote:
May 27th, 2018 3:32 am
Maybe something like Unhaggle could help you find one? Not quite what it's designed for, but it can only give you (good) prices on cars you could actually buy...
“Of this one thing make sure against your dying day – that your faults die before you do.” - Seneca
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3805 posts
3884 upvotes
Toronto, ON
boblobob wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 5:28 pm
You say it like it's a bad thing to cancel the program.. why is that?