Air Miles Archive

Ontario - URBAN FRESH - 75 BAMs with Purchase of a $ 75 Sobeys Gift Card (March 21st thru March 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2019 9:25 am
Tags:
None
Jul 3, 2002
254 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
There seems to be a problem with the new batch of 'Raptors' Sobeys giftcards, the receipt won't print the 75 bonus miles earned.

Tried the 'Blue Jays' Sobeys giftcards instead and they worked fine. Receipt shows 'Mega Miles Spring 2019 75 Miles' now. So if you see the cashier getting 'Raptors' Sobeys GC, you might want to ask to change to the 'Blue Jays' one just to be sure, and avoid future hassles.
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10109 posts
636 upvotes
Mississauga
PointsHubby wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:28 am
This

Many Sobey’s won’t allow one to buy GCs with GCs
(Actually not just Sobey’s... most Retailers have implemented this rule)

And I have recently encountered a Sobey’s Group Store that would not allow one to buy ANY GCs in their store with ANY PLASTIC (CC or Debit Card) ... it had to be bought with CASH ONLY

We can all thank the many Fraudsters who are now living off of GC Scams
Are you mixing up points vs gift cards? Gift card is to be treated the same as cash so they shouldn't be able to prevent you from buying anything in the store. Points on the other hand is completely different and that's where they can prevent you from using points to buy gift cards.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10897 posts
8076 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Tijuana wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:24 pm
Are you mixing up points vs gift cards? Gift card is to be treated the same as cash so they shouldn't be able to prevent you from buying anything in the store. Points on the other hand is completely different and that's where they can prevent you from using points to buy gift cards.
Nope

What I said has been reported many times on RFD

And yes I agree it a bit crazy
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10109 posts
636 upvotes
Mississauga
PointsHubby wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:35 pm
Nope

What I said has been reported many times on RFD

And yes I agree it a bit crazy
Does Sobeys have self check out lines? I figure the computer system would allow you to buy a gift card and pay with a gift card.
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10109 posts
636 upvotes
Mississauga
Has anyone tried the High Park UF?
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1380 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
Tijuana wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 1:01 pm
Does Sobeys have self check out lines? I figure the computer system would allow you to buy a gift card and pay with a gift card.
They do, but last time I asked the cashier said the GC purchase can be only done by one of the cashiers (their own GC as well as other GCs)
Aug 27, 2009
803 posts
167 upvotes
Hey guys, I know this is the wrong place to ask but I couldn’t find a thread. For the LCBO offer, does it HAVE to be one of those 16 bottles or is there any other way to qualify?

To keep this on topic, if I want to buy something at Sobeys can I go to urban fresh side, buy the $75 gc and then spend it right away?
Mar 2, 2018
164 posts
161 upvotes
Ottawa
Sobeys/Sobeys Urban Fresh GC can be used as soon as you have paid for them. No need to wait 24hrs like some other stores.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5519 posts
1093 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure if creating these sub-forums helps us or caused us more trouble ... I now have to check both places to get the up-to-date info.

From the hot deal forums:
someone got 2 gift cards on two accounts at Queens Quay Sobeys UF. No issues, MegaMiles shows up on both receipts as well as 75 AMs.
another person pick up a sobeys gift card at the Urban Fresh College location and he came back with the 'Blue Jays' sobeys gift card. Receipt only show promo 30 entered but no bonus miles.

Why all these discrepancy? problem with location? or problem with the type of gift card?
Aug 27, 2009
803 posts
167 upvotes
ricedion wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 2:48 pm
Not sure if creating these sub-forums helps us or caused us more trouble ... I now have to check both places to get the up-to-date info.

From the hot deal forums:
someone got 2 gift cards on two accounts at Queens Quay Sobeys UF. No issues, MegaMiles shows up on both receipts as well as 75 AMs.
another person pick up a sobeys gift card at the Urban Fresh College location and he came back with the 'Blue Jays' sobeys gift card. Receipt only show promo 30 entered but no bonus miles.

Why all these discrepancy? problem with location? or problem with the type of gift card?
Same thing just happened to me, it shows "PROMO #30" but no mention of any BAM
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5519 posts
1093 upvotes
Toronto
NeedVIP wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 2:59 pm
Same thing just happened to me, it shows "PROMO #30" but no mention of any BAM
which location? College Park?
Aug 27, 2009
803 posts
167 upvotes
ricedion wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 3:03 pm
which location? College Park?
Nvm, it's my fault. The location is Sobeys only not Urban Fresh (in Brampton)
Aug 9, 2014
368 posts
222 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
NeedVIP wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 3:11 pm
Nvm, it's my fault. The location is Sobeys only not Urban Fresh (in Brampton)
i also have "promo 30" on my receipt but no AMs. I bought the gc yesterday in Ottawa. The store has an Sobeys Urban Fresh sign at the front but the receipt only says Sobeys.

I went back today and the manager said that there was nothing they could do and that it was perfectly normal. Sound like I'm going to have to wait 120 days and settle this through a chat session with AM....
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10897 posts
8076 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
last_sd wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 1:12 pm
They do, but last time I asked the cashier said the GC purchase can be only done by one of the cashiers (their own GC as well as other GCs)
This

There is an instore approval process that activates the GCs
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10897 posts
8076 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
NeedVIP wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 1:23 pm
Hey guys, I know this is the wrong place to ask but I couldn’t find a thread. For the LCBO offer, does it HAVE to be one of those 16 bottles or is there any other way to qualify?

To keep this on topic, if I want to buy something at Sobeys can I go to urban fresh side, buy the $75 gc and then spend it right away?
Yes sorry, the LCBO Offer isn’t up here yet
The FORUM is a work in progress

To answer that Question YES it’s a case of ONLY the listed LCBO Products count for MegaMiles

As to the Sobey’s & Urban Fresh Offers... these are Sobey’s Gift Cards
They can be used at ANY Store in the Sobey’s Group
And yes you can use them right away
To pay for your next transaction

Just be aware, that they are safest when you use the whole card, and don’t carry any balance on them
The Fraudsters biggest scams are to steal unused balances