Air Miles Archive

Ontario - URBAN FRESH - 75 BAMs with Purchase of a $ 75 Sobeys Gift Card (March 21st thru March 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2019 9:25 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10908 posts
8087 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
ricedion wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 2:48 pm
Not sure if creating these sub-forums helps us or caused us more trouble ... I now have to check both places to get the up-to-date info.

From the hot deal forums:
someone got 2 gift cards on two accounts at Queens Quay Sobeys UF. No issues, MegaMiles shows up on both receipts as well as 75 AMs.
another person pick up a sobeys gift card at the Urban Fresh College location and he came back with the 'Blue Jays' sobeys gift card. Receipt only show promo 30 entered but no bonus miles.

Why all these discrepancy? problem with location? or problem with the type of gift card?
The whole idea is to get to the point where there is ONLY the AirMiles Forum with the listed Offer threads
And no giant Mega Thread with 5000+ posts
However a FORUM like this requires a lot of set up
And it evolves over the course of the event cause NEW Offers are added
That’s where we are now... hope you’ll be patient

To your Sobey’s Urban Fresh Question
Problems with location / cashier training etc ?

Which is WHY it is recommended that for BEST RESULTS folks don’t make any purchases in these BIG BONUS Events like MegaMiles in the first 24 to 48 Hours ... until the kinks get worked out

That info... and over valuable stuff is covered in the STICKIES at the top of the FORUM
Look for ‼️START HERE - MEGAMILES 2019 - Event Information
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5519 posts
1093 upvotes
Toronto
got four gift cards from College Park. 75 miles shown on receipt. Promo code 30. No problem
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1381 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
Do I have to show the barcode? I know previously, when it was on their flyer the barcode was unnecessary.
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10110 posts
636 upvotes
Mississauga
last_sd wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 5:12 pm
Do I have to show the barcode? I know previously, when it was on their flyer the barcode was unnecessary.
YES!
Nov 27, 2009
93 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Was at HP this morning.

Ended up with a Blue Jays GC.

75 AM for the promo plus. Nice surprise - another 30 AM for a “Spend 60 get 30 bonus AM”

Receipt attached.
Images
  • 2C662737-6612-432E-B0B0-44C46DE6B716.jpeg
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10908 posts
8087 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
spidey9999 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 7:16 pm
Was at HP this morning.

75 AM for the promo plus. Nice surprise - another 30 AM for a “Spend 60 get 30 bonus AM”

Receipt attached.
FYI...

I have seen in the past where WUS miles show on the receipt
But NEVER POST
Because the Spend was on a GC (which in the WUS Offer fine print doesn’t qualify)
Just so you know if you never see those SURPRISE 30 BAMs
Of course like everything else
YMMV
May 28, 2004
530 posts
232 upvotes
akaManny wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 7:42 pm
That looks good. Someone has reported problems at UF Mount Pleasant. Which UF did you go to?
A little late but for reference it was the College Park location in Toronto.
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10110 posts
636 upvotes
Mississauga
spidey9999 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 7:16 pm
Was at HP this morning.

Receipt attached.
Weird I was just there (at HP) and bought the same but mine doesnt show the bonus 30 miles
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
1871 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
Can anybody confirm that the Sobeys 150 miles with 150$ gc purchase....

And the "urban fresh" 75 miles with 75$ gc purchase..

Counts as 2 offer partners for this megamiles event.

I did both (one at Sobeys, one at an urban fresh location) but other than the fact that the receipt says urban fresh and I specifically asked if it was an urban fresh location, urban fresh appeared to be just a smaller Sobeys location, even the signage just said Sobeys.

My receipts do indicate the appropriate coupon codes and miles earned. (And Sobeys/Sobeys urban fresh).. I'm just surprised airmiles views them as separate partners for the purposes of something like this megamiles event.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
2821 posts
780 upvotes
Toronto
Just looked at my receipts from the GCs bought at urban fresh college park on the 21st. Didn't show the bonus 75 air miles. Will have to go back. Angry Face
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2478 posts
1191 upvotes
geogolem wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 5:17 pm
Can anybody confirm that the Sobeys 150 miles with 150$ gc purchase....

And the "urban fresh" 75 miles with 75$ gc purchase..

Counts as 2 offer partners for this megamiles event.

I did both (one at Sobeys, one at an urban fresh location) but other than the fact that the receipt says urban fresh and I specifically asked if it was an urban fresh location, urban fresh appeared to be just a smaller Sobeys location, even the signage just said Sobeys.

My receipts do indicate the appropriate coupon codes and miles earned. (And Sobeys/Sobeys urban fresh).. I'm just surprised airmiles views them as separate partners for the purposes of something like this megamiles event.
Yes, Sobeys and Urban Fresh have different logos on the mega miles site, and have always counted as 2 separate partners for these promotions. What is even better is that the gift cards can be used at both and also Foodland, so that is 3 out of 5 for this promotion.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7894 posts
4611 upvotes
North York
Purchased at the Mt. Pleasant location.
Got Blue Jays and MapleLeaf gift cards.
You should see both Promo #30 and Mega Miles Spring 2019 on the receipt.
My first one cashier forgot to scan the coupon so no Promo #30 appears on the receipt but Mega Miles Spring 2019 75 Miles still show.
Hopefully don't need to argue with Air Miles on the MegaMiles count.
Cashier insisted that she had to tear and keep one coupon for each gift card, so make sure you take a few physical copies of the brochure.

Act fast guys, as this promo only lasts for 3 more days!
With such a short timeframe this round, I'm sure many will miss out on these easy ones.
Dec 27, 2002
459 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Got one from College Park receipt shows the 75 miles plus 20 miles for spending 40. I didn't get the spend $60 get 30 someone mentioned earlier? Oh well, I wasn't even expecting the extra 20 in the first place.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2478 posts
1191 upvotes
SneakyPete wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 7:16 pm
Got one from College Park receipt shows the 75 miles plus 20 miles for spending 40. I didn't get the spend $60 get 30 someone mentioned earlier? Oh well, I wasn't even expecting the extra 20 in the first place.
Your 20 miles for spending $40 was probably from 'MyOffers' which applies to Sobeys, Urban Fresh & Foodland in Ontario. The offer varies by collector number - I got 35 for spending $75, some got 30 for spending $60. I don't use the app but instead I need to load from the website. For whatever reason, even if you didn't know it, you must have had the loaded offer for 20 AM
Dec 27, 2002
459 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
akaManny wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 8:01 pm
Your 20 miles for spending $40 was probably from 'MyOffers' which applies to Sobeys, Urban Fresh & Foodland in Ontario. The offer varies by collector number - I got 35 for spending $75, some got 30 for spending $60. I don't use the app but instead I need to load from the website. For whatever reason, even if you didn't know it, you must have had the loaded offer for 20 AM
I use the app but there's no offer listed under Urban Fresh except the buy $75 get 75 miles.