2019 Air Miles Shop the Block

Ontario - URBAN FRESH by Sobey’s - 5x AMs WUS $ 50+ instore (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2020 7:50 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

Ontario - URBAN FRESH by Sobey’s - 5x AMs WUS $ 50+ instore (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

OFFER

5X Bonus AirMiles @ URBAN FRESH by Sobey’s When You Spend $ 50 or more on almost anything in store ... Nov 14 thru December 27th, 2019

COUPON STATUS - COUPON REQUIRED ... COUPON BAR CODE = 0 61925 86638 6

FINE PRINT

>>> Offer valid November 14 to December 27, 2019. Valid at participating URBAN FRESH by Sobeys locations locations in Ontario.

Multiplier offer applies to standard Base Offer of 1 Mile for every $20.00 purchase.
Get 1 Base Mile plus 4 Bonus Miles for every $20 in eligible grocery purchases.
Minimum qualified purchase must be spent in a single transaction, excluding taxes, delivery charges, bill payments, service fees, rental fees, event tickets, gift cards, prepaid cards, postal products and services, Western Union® products and services, prescriptions, non-prescription pharmacy services, diabetes merchandise, insulin pumps and supplies, tobacco products, lottery, transit passes, deposits, environmental charges, liquor, McCafé®, Starbucks®, Tim Hortons®, fuel, and all other goods or services specified by participating grocers or excluded by law. ("Non-Discountable Products").

AIR MILES® Cash redemptions qualify towards this offer's purchase requirement.
Limit of one offer per Collector Number.
Coupon and AIR MILES® Card must be presented at time of purchase.
This AIR MILES® offer CANNOT BE COMBINED with any other discount offer or AIR MILES® coupon offer.
See store for complete details.

®™Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Sobeys.
THREAD VERIFIED WITH STB WEBSITE by Points Hubby - December 10th
18 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
TIPS & TRICKS

* Buy $ 75 Sobeys GC @ URBAN FRESH by Sobey’s get 75 BAMs (Flyer Offer Dec 5th thru 11th)
Then use GC to buy groceries from Urban Fresh, Sobey’s, or Foodland
Double dip on the same money spent to complete the STB 2019 Offer
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1880 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
Do we still get points for the GC if we have bought the 150 BAM for $150 at Sobeys?
PointsHubby wrote: TIPS & TRICKS

* Buy $ 75 Sobeys GC @ URBAN FRESH by Sobey’s get 75 BAMs (Flyer Offer Dec 5th thru 11th)
Then use GC to buy groceries from Urban Fresh, Sobey’s, or Foodland
Double dip on the same money spent to complete the STB 2019 Offer
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
solo. wrote: Do we still get points for the GC if we have bought the 150 BAM for $150 at Sobeys?
Buying the $ 150 GC @ Sobey’s gives you 150 BAMs @ Sobey’s (see Flyer Dec 5th thru Dec 11th)
Buying the $ 75 GC @ Urban Fresh gives you 75 BAMs @ UF (see Flyer Dec 5th thru Dec 11th)

NOTE - All the stores in the Canada Wide Sobey’s Group ... including Sobey’s, Safeway, Urban Fresh, Foodland, etc ... sell the exact same Gift Cards with the Sobey’s Corporate Logo ... and they are useable at any stores in Sobey’s Group
https://www.sobeys.com/en/gift-cards-every-occasion/

GCs are considered the same as Cash when it comes to spending them

So the STB 2019 Offer @ URBAN FRESH is as listed above
* 5x BAMs When You Spend $ 50+ at URBAN FRESH
Works perfectly with GCs you bought at this store, or any other in the Sobey’s Group

End Result ...
You earn BAMs on the GCs when you buy them under this week’s flyer promo
And you earn BAMs again when you spend them on the STB 2019 Offer
So you are double dipping on AMs on Money you only spent once
Oct 31, 2019
59 posts
29 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
This AIR MILES® offer CANNOT BE COMBINED with any other discount offer or AIR MILES® coupon offer.
So it has to be regular priced items?

Nope... just means that one cannot STACK other BOTTOM LINE Offers* with the AMs STB 2019 Offer

So you cannot do for example the Customer Appreciation Day Offer with STB Offer

Where the Sobey’s Group Customer Appreciation Day Offer gives you a choice at check out of
15% OFF your Total
OR
20x the Base AirMiles

* BOTTOM LINE Offers typically use the wording ... WHEN YOU SPEND
Oct 30, 2017
149 posts
149 upvotes
There is a $5 off $40 coupon in their flyer for newsletter sign up, has anyone tried to combine this with STB offer? Thanks
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions you might have.
Jan 12, 2005
907 posts
305 upvotes
Butterball Turkey breast is $14.99 this week. Buy two you're already at $30 so adding an extra $20 is doable
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
775681 wrote: There is a $5 off $40 coupon in their flyer for newsletter sign up, has anyone tried to combine this with STB offer? Thanks
Personally, any other time of year I might risk it ... but not for a BIG BONUS Event like STB
Where the T&Cs say:
FINE PRINT

>>> Offer valid November 14 to December 27, 2019. Valid at participating URBAN FRESH by Sobeys locations locations in Ontario.

Multiplier offer applies to standard Base Offer of 1 Mile for every $20.00 purchase.
Get 1 Base Mile plus 4 Bonus Miles for every $20 in eligible grocery purchases.
Minimum qualified purchase must be spent in a single transaction, excluding taxes, delivery charges, bill payments, service fees, rental fees, event tickets, gift cards, prepaid cards, postal products and services, Western Union® products and services, prescriptions, non-prescription pharmacy services, diabetes merchandise, insulin pumps and supplies, tobacco products, lottery, transit passes, deposits, environmental charges, liquor, McCafé®, Starbucks®, Tim Hortons®, fuel, and all other goods or services specified by participating grocers or excluded by law. ("Non-Discountable Products").

AIR MILES® Cash redemptions qualify towards this offer's purchase requirement.
Limit of one offer per Collector Number.
Coupon and AIR MILES® Card must be presented at time of purchase.

®™Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Sobeys.
A Coupon is a BOTTOM LINE transaction
So I wouldn’t risk using it... and miss out on the STB Offer & PARTNER COUNT
Especially so as the MINIMUM SPEND is $ 50
Would suck to have to go back and spend another $ 50
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4865 posts
368 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
too bad the urban fresh in ottawa downtown closed
Zoomer Wireless & Public Mobile customer
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Lostwords wrote: too bad the urban fresh in ottawa downtown closed
Ya ... that now leaves ALL the Urban Fresh Stores in the Toronto area
It’s basically the Sobey’s chain that didn’t take off as originally planned in ... Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver

The good news for Downtown Ottawa Residents is they’ll be getting a FarmBoy Store (also a Sobey’s Chain) in the space that Urban Fresh occupied up until last Summer

The changeover was reconfirmed in the recent FarmBoy Press Release on upcoming expansion plans. The Metcalfe Location is due to open this Spring
https://dailyhive.com/toronto/farm-boy- ... -locations
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4865 posts
368 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
but damn google still listed as Urban fresh. Went there a few weeks ago hoping to get this deal.
Zoomer Wireless & Public Mobile customer
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Lostwords wrote: but damn google still listed as Urban fresh. Went there a few weeks ago hoping to get this deal.
Ya made me look

When I google ... Urban Fresh Ottawa
It comes up as PERMANENTLY CLOSED

Lol, but when I go to Sobey’s own website ... it still lists the Metcalfe Street location as one of their Urban Fresh stores
DUMB
Jul 4, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I got points associated with my purchases at SUF. But in my Airmiles page it shows a standard Sobeys logo and says simply "Sobeys" rather than anything about Urban Fresh. But I was absolutely at a SUF, used the coupon, etc. Is this normal?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
LangDL wrote: I got points associated with my purchases at SUF. But in my Airmiles page it shows a standard Sobeys logo and says simply "Sobeys" rather than anything about Urban Fresh. But I was absolutely at a SUF, used the coupon, etc. Is this normal?
Others have reported this as well in the past when they shop @ Urban Fresh
Everything should be fine in regards to how STB works ... PARTNER COUNTS

But as ALWAYS, hold onto your Receipts until all your Outstanding Miles, BAMs & BB BAMs owing have POSTED
Jun 18, 2018
960 posts
532 upvotes
Toronto
Finally did the offer today; seamless experience. Scanned items, scanned AM card, scanned barcode for promo.

Showed "Marketing Promo 6" as a transaction and also a "Shop the Block" line for the AM breakdown.

Was tough getting $50, shits overpriced lol.. but got some good deals through their flyer