Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Ooma Telo & Wireless Adapter. YMMV $99.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2016 8:26 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 25, 2016
53 posts
2 upvotes

Ooma Telo & Wireless Adapter. YMMV $99.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Noticed Ooma was advertised as $109.99 on their CA website. Was planning on PM'ing at Best Buy until I ended up in a chat session with an Ooma agent.

They offered me Ooma Telo + the Wireless Adapter (retail $49.99), all for $99.99. Free shipping.

Additionally, if you want an Ooma Linx, they offered it to me for $29.99. Opted not to get this as I don't need a second jack.
33 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2013
1328 posts
965 upvotes
Toronto
Desian wrote: Noticed Ooma was advertised as $109.99 on their CA website. Was planning on PM'ing at Best Buy until I ended up in a chat session with an Ooma agent.

They offered me Ooma Telo + the Wireless Adapter (retail $49.99), all for $99.99. Free shipping.

Additionally, if you want an Ooma Linx, they offered it to me for $29.99. Opted not to get this as I don't need a second jack.
Just one thing to take note of.
You might be charged tax, even if your order confirmation says that there is no tax. Check your statement for your credit card (or other payment method) to confirm. They tried to pull a fast one on me.
Dec 4, 2006
86 posts
15 upvotes
Injust wrote: Just one thing to take note of.
You might be charged tax, even if your order confirmation says that there is no tax. Check your statement for your credit card (or other payment method) to confirm. They tried to pull a fast one on me.
So the website is saying a monthly fee of $3.98 (Regulatory Compliance Fee and 911 fees), I obviously know that taxes will be added, so what is your monthly bill (in Ontario)?? $3.98*13% HST=$4.50??? plus any long distance calls??
Oct 19, 2013
379 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mine is $4.50 in Ontario. I have Ooma Premier, so no LD charges anywhere in Canada or USA...ever.

It's been rock solid stable for over 2 years.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
Spazmogen1 wrote: Mine is $4.50 in Ontario. I have Ooma Premier, so no LD charges anywhere in Canada or USA...ever.

$4.50 for premier?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2010
1432 posts
353 upvotes
+1...i have had Ooma for 1.5 years now. Only had a problem connecting initially...but afterwards it's worked like a charm.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2013
1328 posts
965 upvotes
Toronto
Totoriko wrote: $4.50 for premier?
When you first activate, you get a 60-day free trial for Premier. After that, it is $9.99/mo or $119.99/yr.
If you are porting a number, on the port add-on page, you can get a $99.99/yr subscription (not sure if the price will increase after one year) that includes a free port (which is $39.99 by itself).
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
4239 posts
1966 upvotes
I never had good luck with it, plus calls are routed into the US since they don't CAD servers, not bashing them just IMO.

Freephoneline has been great for me with Google Voice for LD, which is probably also routed to the US but we rarely use it anyways.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1844 posts
985 upvotes
Halton
Spazmogen1 wrote: Mine is $4.50 in Ontario. I have Ooma Premier, so no LD charges anywhere in Canada or USA...ever.

?? you pay $4.50 for Premier? I pay that for regular...

if you don't have Premier, you don't have free US (pennies a minute but a new cost)

we find it very laggy/echoey but put up with it because for $4.50 my wife can live with it... there are some tweaks I could try but have not gotten around to it -a year and a half into it :)
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2684 posts
3199 upvotes
I have it in BC. its $4 and change. works well for me
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
I have Ooma regular in ONT....

$4.50/month all-in...

For folks that find lag..try having Ooma connected directly to your provider's modem before any of your own routers etc..

Ooma instructions recommend this and it made a huge difference for me..

Of course, some folks may still experience lag and if this is the case, Ooma isn't for you.

I'd recommend buying from Costco or amazon with their generous return policies.

Not sure what Bestbuy return policies are like...

This way, you can try before you fully buy
Oct 19, 2013
379 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CheapoFillipo wrote: ?? you pay $4.50 for Premier? I pay that for regular...

if you don't have Premier, you don't have free US (pennies a minute but a new cost)

we find it very laggy/echoey but put up with it because for $4.50 my wife can live with it... there are some tweaks I could try but have not gotten around to it -a year and a half into it :)

My monthly is $4.50. I pay for Premier annually. Sorry for any confusion.

I have Ooma plugged into my Rogers modem directly. Zero delays. I do get a very slight lag immediately upon the other person answering. I now just take a breath and count to 2 before speaking. The connection is solid at that point. From that point on, it's as solid as Rogers Home Phone Classic Value Plan was, just $40/month cheaper. I'll take a breath to save $40.
Oct 6, 2009
165 posts
32 upvotes
was able to get this deal, they offered the ooma telo with WiFi for 129 at first but was able to ask for the 99. 113 tax in
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2010
1432 posts
353 upvotes
The great thing about ooma is u can use any old cordless phone that has multiple handset and it works right away. No computer or anything fancy to plug in. Great for seniors.
Jul 26, 2003
157 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver
I am in Vancouver and have been using Ooma for about 1 year. So far, never experience any latency, lagging and bad voice quality.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3363 posts
1990 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: For folks that find lag..try having Ooma connected directly to your provider's modem before any of your own routers etc..

running your Gigabit or even 100mbps ISP connection through ooma (or obi202) is a ...
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
4103 posts
362 upvotes
Been using OOMA faithfully for years now. Have premier that you can use to block calls. But I still get telemarketer calls. So it sucks. Occasional glitches but its not common. I dropped it and broke the wireless adapter and had to duct tape it. Can you just buy the (old version) wireless USB stick?
Ephemera

Member since 2005.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1844 posts
985 upvotes
Halton
ji2o0k wrote: ...

For folks that find lag..try having Ooma connected directly to your provider's modem before any of your own routers etc..

Of course, some folks may still experience lag and if this is the case, Ooma isn't for you.
yeah this is how I am set up... still laggy..
also i had some outages with Ooma when i first got the service (i posted at the time on another ooma thread) and "customer service" was useless to me

afaik it has not been down since
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
2557 posts
494 upvotes
Thornhill
I've also had this for 2 years now and it's been rock solid. Like others though I do get a bit of lag on the phone which my wife hasn't got used to yet. When someone calls and you answer, you have to wait a couple of seconds to say 'hello' or you have to do it twice like my wife because she tries too early. I haven't tried connecting it to my modem directly, other than the 'lag' problem, I have enjoyed the service so far.
CheapoFillipo wrote: yeah this is how I am set up... still laggy..
also i had some outages with Ooma when i first got the service (i posted at the time on another ooma thread) and "customer service" was useless to me

afaik it has not been down since
May 6, 2016
483 posts
218 upvotes
Whitby
I've been with voyage for about 10 years nownow, $10 a month. Somethings the quality isn't that good, mainly in the evenings. Anyone familiar with both offerings and would recommend ooma over voyage?