399 upvotes
Markham
Old news.. where have you been?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
bartium wrote: Old news.. where have you been?
The article is dated December 28th. It's also new information to me! Thanks OP!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
4158 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto
I was there a few weeks ago. Huge store. Things without price tags are $2. Most things are $2-$5. Most items are made in china from what I can tell(although there are some made in Japan). Huge lineup to pay on weekends(probably 30 Mins plus) the last time I went. Minimal lineups on weekdays. Japanese snack section was disappointing. Worth going to take a walk(i would go on weekdays)
Jul 22, 2017
257 posts
181 upvotes
Pingu in the city
Never heard of this name before, but after a few digging of their product photos in Instagram, it seems that this is a store carrying Daiso products under new name with a mix of other stuff. A bit disappointing since I thought it might be other legit Japanese dollar store (ie. CanDo, Seria, 3coins) opening their new stores here. But still nice to see Daiso opening more locations.
Noot Noot!❗😄
Great coffee, better mind!
Aeropress | Hario V60 | French press | Vietnamese coffee filter | Kalita narrow-mouthed pot | %
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
playnicee1 wrote: The article is dated December 28th. It's also new information to me! Thanks OP!
To be fair, the store officially opened on December 8th weekend, but the lineup to get in and to pay were super crazy.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
3175 posts
3128 upvotes
Toronto
I'm just glad more businesses are opening to give Dollarama a run for its money. Buck or Two and Dollar Tree can't do it alone.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13064 posts
3754 upvotes
I was so excited to go visit this on a last minute whim on Dec 27th.

So disappointed, products did not seem worth the value and they did not have everything stocked up. Long line up for basically not much to buy.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1668 posts
1441 upvotes
Toronto
DragonRider wrote: This is also a relatively new Japanese store:
https://scarboroughtowncentre.com/2018/ ... auty-more/
Went here and was disappointed. What you see on the website you linked is basically all the items carried in the whole store. Fundamentally some random socks/plush toys, limited selection of makeup and beauty products, and a small selection of snacks/drinks ... which you can find in any other stores like J-Town, asian beauty stores, and T&T.

I had hoped they stock more unique products but just another run of the mill re-seller of the commonly imported Japanese goods.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
bst wrote: Went here and was disappointed. What you see on the website you linked is basically all the items carried in the whole store. Fundamentally some random socks/plush toys, limited selection of makeup and beauty products, and a small selection of snacks/drinks ... which you can find in any other stores like J-Town, asian beauty stores, and T&T.
I had hoped they stock more unique products but just another run of the mill re-seller of the commonly imported Japanese goods.
Yeah the Oomomo has way larger area with much better selection.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4782 posts
1327 upvotes
Richmond
From their website and the pictures they posted there it looks like Daiso products. I saw the telltale Daiso trademark in one of the photos.
So rejoice! Ontario is finally getting Daiso!