Automotive

Open Door Indicator On When all Doors are closed.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2018 7:41 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2107 posts
278 upvotes
Vancouver

Open Door Indicator On When all Doors are closed.

Hi

My door indicator light in my car is always on now. I think the reason is because of the trunk, even though it is closed it thinks it is still open. I tried to put oil in it hoping something was sticking and it did seem like it helped for a few mins as it started to work as intended but then it happened again.

I think it is something to do with some sort of sensor, as the light was not on and then all of sudden I was driving and the open door light came on.

Anyone know what part it could be and how hard it is to replace?
Last edited by xiaobao on Mar 1st, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2492 posts
1789 upvotes
Check the pin if there is one? Not sure if a scan tool can pick up that sensor or not.
Smash that like button!
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3163 posts
1928 upvotes
GTA
Rusted door fell off. Check around if you have them all. Most likely only hinges left, so the light stays on.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
1799 posts
1123 upvotes
Check each door switch individually. One has failed. Does the trunk have the same symbol on the dash as the rest of the doors? Could also be a wiring or possibly fuse issue.

Door switches are usually black and a small rod pops out when door is open and the door slamming will push the switch in. They are mounted on the vehicle itself. Operate each one manually and see if you can narrow it down. Then take the problematic switch apart.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
2293 posts
1023 upvotes
ontario
electric tape over the light

works well on check engine light too