Group Buys

[OPEN] EBOX GROUP, 24$/year discount on any plans + 4$ Paypal transfer on subscription

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2018 6:41 am
Jul 9, 2006
18 posts
Markham
So can you set a cancellation date, keep rogers and cancel with rogers after seeing if ebox works? Has anyone else done that? I know people have done it with carrytel.
Nov 20, 2017
14 posts
3 upvotes
Is the group still open?

Also, is it possible to upgrade to the 150/15 package if I wanted to or do I have to wait for the 12 months to end?

And I guess most importantly, if switching from a current provider, if this service isn’t as good as advertised, do they offer a grace period for canceling the 12 month contract?

Thanks
Sep 12, 2017
677 posts
47 upvotes
theshiftshow wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 10:40 am
Is the group still open?
And I guess most importantly, if switching from a current provider, if this service isn’t as good as advertised, do they offer a grace period for canceling the 12 month contract?

Thanks
Yes, also curious if you can get your money back via trial period.

I'm interested in this deal, do I just sign up and wait till 4 members are reached? Who leads the group, little confused? My home is closing on Dec.19.2017.

Are you guys buying their modem or buying your own? Believe one can get the Hitron CDA3 on amazon for $99 instead of their $129 price. Here is a list of compatible modems. Is the Hitron CDA3 the best modem or is there better? For example the Technicolor TC4350 or TP-Link TC7650?

Believe this deal is active till Dec.31.2017.
Sep 12, 2017
677 posts
47 upvotes
Just called Ebox, seems there is an additional $20 fee for activation of personal modem. Might as well buy from eBox unless there is a cheaper alternative than the Hitron CDA3. Also curious would the Hitron be compatible with other providers in the GTA, such as cannet or carrytel?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2482 posts
257 upvotes
Toronto
reggyDeal wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 12:56 pm
Yes, also curious if you can get your money back via trial period.

I'm interested in this deal, do I just sign up and wait till 4 members are reached? Who leads the group, little confused? My home is closing on Dec.19.2017.

Are you guys buying their modem or buying your own? Believe one can get the Hitron CDA3 on amazon for $99 instead of their $129 price. Here is a list of compatible modems. Is the Hitron CDA3 the best modem or is there better? For example the Technicolor TC4350 or TP-Link TC7650?

Believe this deal is active till Dec.31.2017.
Hitron CDA3 has the Puma chipset which get many awful reviews. In recent group buys I've been orchestrating, I've noticed some new group members are planning to rent for the time being and then planning to buy a modem that comes without issues in the future (i.e. TC4400 which is not approved by Rogers/TPIA yet). I've read that the TP-Link TC7650 uses a Broadcom chip and can go as high as 250mb.

There's a few of us doing group buys for RFD. Check the group buy section and go with whomever you feel comfortable with.
reggyDeal wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 2:28 pm
Just called Ebox, seems there is an additional $20 fee for activation of personal modem. Might as well buy from eBox unless there is a cheaper alternative than the Hitron CDA3. Also curious would the Hitron be compatible with other providers in the GTA, such as cannet or carrytel?
Since it's Rogers that determines the modem, I'm 99% sure whatever works with Ebox is compatible with other third party internet provider.
Sep 12, 2017
677 posts
47 upvotes
Does ebox offer the TP-Link TC7650 modem as a rental?

Is there a charge to return the cable modem back to ebox when done renting one?
[OP]
Dec 28, 2012
225 posts
99 upvotes
Ottawa
1 spot left for my next group!

PROMO
Quebec :
Cable: Free transfer from another cable company
C-Cable: Free installation for new customer
V-Cable: 50% off installation for new customer
FTTN : 50% off installation for new customer

Ontario :
R-Cable: 75/10 for 32,95$ for 12 months + free installation if transferring from another cable company

JOIN HERE!.
Mar 17, 2006
90 posts
55 upvotes
Looking to sign up by Wednesday 14th Feb. Joined ziki61 group. Hopefully he's still running it.
[OP]
Dec 28, 2012
225 posts
99 upvotes
Ottawa
1 spot left for my next group
JOIN HERE!.
4$ Paypal transfer on subscription is back!!!

PROMO
Ontario :
R-Cable: 75/10 for 32,95$ for 12 months + free installation if transferring from another cable company

Quebec :
V-Cable: 50% off installation for new customer

JOIN HERE!.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)