Group Buys

[OPEN] ELECTRONIC BOX or EBOX Group Buy - $2 OFF/MO for Life!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2018 3:56 pm
Nov 17, 2009
30 posts
15 upvotes
I was charged 50 for r cable installation. I thought it should have been 50% off or free?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2551 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
warpee wrote:
Oct 19th, 2016 6:20 pm
I was charged 50 for r cable installation. I thought it should have been 50% off or free?
50% off is for folks in the Cogeco area. Free cable install is for transfers from one cable company to another. If you don't fall into any of these categories, installation is $50.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3325 posts
874 upvotes
QC
Still not sure how this thing works... I registered my brother with ebox in June. Is it too late for him?
Banned
Nov 5, 2016
3 posts
The old group buys no longer work because it is only for new customers. I ended up going with Carrytel instead. There rates are by far the best but the reviews for the support are poor.
Last edited by KingToronto on Nov 6th, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2551 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
KingToronto wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 3:55 pm
The old group buys no longer work because it is only for new customers.
You're both right and wrong!

My group buys are still working; however, you're right that it's only open to new customers.

I'm starting one this afternoon!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2551 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
FREE cable transfers, discounted new cable installations ($25 instead of $50 for v-cable) depending on region and discounted new FTTN install at $25 instead of $50 (DSL 6 not included) for both Ontario and Quebec customers. Startup cost can be minimal!!!

Rogers cable area customers can enjoy 1 year of free modem rental.

Contact me TODAY and YOU can be part of the next group! :)

rfd.ebox@gmail.com or [Url=mailto:rfd.ebox@gmail.com?subject=Ebox Group Buy&body=I am interested in joining!]click here to join![/url]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6678 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
Any downtime if switching from Teksavvy rCable and bringing my own modem?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2551 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
frogger wrote:
Dec 20th, 2016 4:17 am
Any downtime if switching from Teksavvy rCable and bringing my own modem?
In the past, if you're using the same modem that was used for Teksavvy, my understanding is that the will be downtime of up to 24-72hrs. If you're using a modem that isn't already tied to Teksavvy, the is practically no downtime.

I'm transferring a friend from Teksavvy to Ebox using the same modem. The transfer date is set for a few weeks from now. The techs at Ebox are saying the delay has been reduced to one day, these days. I'll report later what happens!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2551 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
An update to switching from Teksavvy rCable and bringing own modem. My friend got the transfer done in 36 hrs. The first day was transferring service from Teksavvy to a temporary Ebox modem in their warehouse. The second day was to transfer service from their temporary Ebox modem back to my friend's modem in Toronto.

This process might've taken less than 36 hrs if the transfer date wasn't set on a holiday, which it was.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6678 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
pipolchap wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2017 10:36 pm
An update to switching from Teksavvy rCable and bringing own modem. My friend got the transfer done in 36 hrs. The first day was transferring service from Teksavvy to a temporary Ebox modem in their warehouse. The second day was to transfer service from their temporary Ebox modem back to my friend's modem in Toronto.

This process might've taken less than 36 hrs if the transfer date wasn't set on a holiday, which it was.
Thanks. Let's see if they update their standard rates soon like Teksavvy and Start have.