• Mar 22nd, 2017 9:08 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
6968 posts
712 upvotes
Burnaby

Open request a deal forum to allow for referral requests

There are so many deals out there that are maximized by having a referral.

A new customer that wants to take advantage of these has trouble with getting someone to refer him or her much of the time.

Please allow new customers to request a referral in a dedicated thread in the request a deal forum (Zoomer, amex, Fido etc). People giving out referrals would message them only, no posting. Deal threads can point to the other forum for people who need the deal, and leave the discussion in hot deals
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
4880 posts
186 upvotes
Good luck with that. Here only allow people to use RFD related referral so RFD can get paid. Anything else mod and moderator will warn, delete, and/pr ban you.

One example is the ongoing referral bonus that Tangerine is giving to existing and new customer. IMO I don't see anything wrong with it. Both parties benefit from it. Of course RFD gets nothing for it. That is why RFD never in favour for it.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
7677 posts
12267 upvotes
Scarborough
We've actually been discussing this and it looks like it could happen sooner rather than later. Just need to get a few things approved first.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
1979 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote:
Nov 15th, 2016 10:49 pm
We've actually been discussing this and it looks like it could happen sooner rather than later. Just need to get a few things approved first.
That would be great! I agree no reason to not have this, especially for some larger companies as mentioned in this thread
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
6968 posts
712 upvotes
Burnaby
Thanks, good to hear that it's being considered. While I'm aware that there could be RFD affiliates, there are also many companies with no ties that should be open. Fido, or Koodo, for example.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27246 posts
531 upvotes
Ottawa
TomRFD wrote:
Nov 15th, 2016 10:49 pm
@TomRFD how much longer?

I've always wondered what the BS is with this? I can see jtcb's point, is it realy the reason? I mean, why else would the forum care? It's such a Dictatorial & unnecessarily (I want to care because I want to) thing.
Here only allow people to use RFD related referral so RFD can get paid.

I try to follow the rules, but I see Constantly people benefitting from referrals. For fear of being banned/reprimanded I don't, I'm sure I've already blown quite a few referral opportunities because of this unnecessary rule.

Cheers.
●unlim CDN air&msging●unlim Global SMS●CD/VM●8Gb●$45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Tutorial: HotLinking Pics in Posts
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27246 posts
531 upvotes
Ottawa
not even a courtesy response...a week later. Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
●unlim CDN air&msging●unlim Global SMS●CD/VM●8Gb●$45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Tutorial: HotLinking Pics in Posts
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel