Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Opencare

Free Airpods w/ new patient dental exam and cleaning (Ontario GTA)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2020 10:20 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
Nidoritos wrote: I myself was a skeptic at first but can confirm this is legit:

Jan 28th: First appointment for initial examination.
Jan 29th: Second appointment for cleaning. Submitted claim on Opencare same day.
Feb 1st: Email received from Opencare asking you to choose your reward (Amazon/VISA prepaid card, Physical/Virtual). Note there is a $3 delivery fee if you opt for the physical card.
Feb 3rd: Received email for my virtual gift card.

Hope this provides some insight to people who are still on the fence with their promos.
DavidV80229 wrote: Sharing my experience...

Appointment was January 30. No pressure tactics at dentist. Cost was lower than quoted, and within reason.
February 3 and I have my $250 VISA Gift Card (virtual card).
how do you submit t opencare after you have your receipts from the dentist? do they have an email you're suppose to reply to?
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Dec 12, 2019
3 posts
3 upvotes
They have all the information on the website. All you have to do is fill out a form and attache a picture of the receipt.
Jun 24, 2015
267 posts
144 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
i got an email with a link saying to upload my receipt
Jun 24, 2015
267 posts
144 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I signed up for the promo in jan, had my appointment on Feb 8. I told the receptionist that i will only do scaling and polishing since i wasn't eligible for the complete oral exam through my insurance. they warned me that i might not be eligible for the air pods but i tested my luck and still got my $250 gc. It doesn't say that it needs to be a complete oral exam, just need to actually get something done (not just an assessment) . Overall it was really easy, got text reminders and confirmation which was really handy.
Last edited by cozyhug on Feb 12th, 2020 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 20, 2014
135 posts
80 upvotes
Mississauga
Followed instructions and got dental cleaning done, said no to xrays and uploaded receipt got $250 visa in 3 days, easy peasy. Only caveat is if insurance is not 100% then you may end up paying the difference but anyway everything is not free depending upon your dental insurance. Overall I found both dentist and open care service satisfactory.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
contactng wrote: Followed instructions and got dental cleaning done, said no to xrays and uploaded receipt got $250 visa in 3 days, easy peasy. Only caveat is if insurance is not 100% then you may end up paying the difference but anyway everything is not free depending upon your dental insurance. Overall I found both dentist and open care service satisfactory.
You mean you declined the x-rays at the dentist? Did they let you because this new dentist I'm going to in Thursday is insisting it's required.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Jun 24, 2015
267 posts
144 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
TorontoEh wrote: You mean you declined the x-rays at the dentist? Did they let you because this new dentist I'm going to in Thursday is insisting it's required.
you should tell them that you're not due for an xray (you got it done last year) so your insurance won't cover it. They can't force you to get it.
Aug 21, 2019
998 posts
730 upvotes
It was a hassle free experience.
Booked a good dentist based through open care. Completed my new patient dental exam with xray.
Submitted receipt to Open care last night and got the $250 Gift card today in email.
Mar 28, 2017
106 posts
73 upvotes
niggszo wrote: They have changed the promo on the website to $50. you can only claim $50. I have written back to customer service to avail of the full $250.
so they have no airpods, and when you want to choose GC, it's only $50?
Banned
Feb 13, 2020
7 posts
6 upvotes
The airpods wasn't available when I claimed it but the $250 gift card was just as good! I even have the option to buy other stuff instead, loved the dentist I got through the platform too. Win - Win.
Banned
Feb 13, 2020
7 posts
6 upvotes
I found a new dentist that I love and get a $250 gift card on top of it, what could be better?
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
3420 posts
1356 upvotes
I signed up but when do I need to have my visit by? If I have it in April would it still be fine as long as I book now?
Banned
Feb 11, 2020
15 posts
12 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
Daf wrote: I signed up but when do I need to have my visit by? If I have it in April would it still be fine as long as I book now?
I booked my visit for next month. When I look at the email, it says as long as you book before the promo expiry date, your VISIT date can be whenever. So just book by Feb 18.
edit: just realized that this is for an old promotion, but they have a new one that ends Feb 18 - mb.
Nov 10, 2014
172 posts
94 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Be careful! I registered with Opencare, and I paid $500 for exam, cleaning and xrays, and opencare is refusing to pay me the $250 gift card. They are blaming the online registering process did not record properly the appointment request.
Feb 15, 2020
7 posts
2 upvotes
maybe you should clear it up with their support team, my friend had a similar case but he submitted an EOB statement and got the $250 visa gift card (they ran out of airpods)
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
3420 posts
1356 upvotes
Dentist office just called me. They said it was fine for me to just get a cleaning and polishing and Fluoride which is about $200 . just want to make sure that would clarify me for this offer. Thoughts?
Feb 15, 2020
7 posts
2 upvotes
had the same question back then so I visited their website--

The Opencare Member must book an appointment for a new patient exam and cleaning with a new dentist, having never before attended at that dentist. The Opencare Member must use the Opencare online platform only, to schedule his or her dental appointment for treatment. Dental appointments schedule by telephone, in person or by other means are strictly excluded from the Program.

----------
cleaning is not enough to make you eligible for the reward, it should be at least "a new patient exam and cleaning with a new dentist"
Mar 28, 2017
106 posts
73 upvotes
just did my cleaning and exam yesterday and got visa giftcard $250 the same night after submission.
Apr 25, 2017
157 posts
373 upvotes
Booked through opencare on Wed, had my appointment today (Friday), submitted my receipt right after appointment, opencare emailed me regarding which gift card I wanted, got my $250 in under 2 hours from when my appointment ended. Pretty seamless and quick, I'm actually impressed.