Careers

OPG Nuclear Operator In Training

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2018 2:42 pm
Sep 4, 2018
10 posts
Hi ibi1ibi you got tremendous experience and you are working at bruce what makes you to apply for NOIT at opg, just curious :)
Sep 19, 2018
3 posts
hi there!

pickering/darlington is MUCH closer to home. call me super crazy but i used to drive back and forth every day from brampton to bruce. i had a room that i was renting but my wife’s pregnant and traveling is hard for her. also they couldn’t not adjust to small town living...
Sep 18, 2018
3 posts
Looks like this opening may end up being dead -end for a guy told me (who lives in Pickering) he doesn't aware of th plant if running yet ? Could it be going forward as the plant start operat ing ?
Sep 9, 2018
7 posts
2 upvotes
Hi,

I am not sure when interview calls will go out. But last year I believe the closing date was November and calls went out in January. Just have to be patient.
Oct 1, 2018
6 posts
2 upvotes
PaulJ38168 wrote:
Sep 29th, 2018 8:59 am
Looks like this opening may end up being dead -end for a guy told me (who lives in Pickering) he doesn't aware of th plant if running yet ? Could it be going forward as the plant start operat ing ?
Yet? The Pickering plant has been "running" for 40 years. OPG is planning to cease commercial operations at Pickering at the end of 2024. This NOIT posting is a "temporary" contract position. So in that way, it might be a "dead-end" because of the potential of being laid off in 2024 or thereafter as the plant is laid up and then decommissioned.
Sep 18, 2018
3 posts
So will this go superb for 5 yrs then all Noit will be sent out to other NC plants , where as remote as North Korea?

Hoping they ll reassign ppl at least to elsewhere? Eh who am i kiddin , Nothing went moving even tiny yet.

& Thanx.
Jan 7, 2013
343 posts
129 upvotes
Whitby Ontario
Term employees are not too likely to be reassigned. The whole reason for having term employees is to avoid laying off full time workers. But Pickering will take another decade after closing to decommission, I would think.

The experience you gain would help for applying at other CANDU stations such as Bruce Power, or the plants in Korea (neither of which are directly associated with OPG).
Oct 5, 2018
2 posts
I got Aptitude test due on 9th OCT. I believe still weeks to get interview calls.
Dec 10, 2009
93 posts
9 upvotes
Guest577 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 7:01 pm
They sent out some interview invitations today.
Oh man... Guess I didn't make it. Did you get an invite?
Sep 8, 2018
14 posts
5 upvotes
Don't get too worried, I got interviewed in June 2017 and didn't get hired until January 2018.
Sep 4, 2018
10 posts
Hi did you receive an email or phone call for the interview ?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)