Careers

OPG Nuclear Operator In Training

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2019 8:41 pm
Oct 22, 2018
10 posts
@bt2222 it sounds like applicants receive either a rejection letter or an interview, if you have not received a rejection letter, hopefully your interview invitation is on the way, what does it say under your application status when you log in and click view profile on the opg job website? Secondly, of those who have interviewed has anyone received a rejection letter yet? I still have not heard anything since my interview, it’s been 2 weeks...
Nov 1, 2018
5 posts
@chefcurry01 Under the application status, it says "in progress" and has the date that I did the aptitude test. I emailed and asked for an update on my application status and they replied saying that "given the number of positions and the number of applicants for this position, the recruitment process can take a few months. Should you be selected to move forward, you will be contacted via email".
Nov 1, 2018
5 posts
So i guess I will continue to check my email 6 times a day.
Oct 22, 2018
10 posts
I have not received a rejection email, it’s been 2 weeks and counting
Sep 29, 2018
7 posts
Can someone please explain how $10/ hr goes towards benefits and union dues etc.. that seems a tad steep.
Nov 12, 2018
3 posts
Did they ever send rejection letters even for those who didn't make the interview stage? I got the test but never heard back from them even up until now and yet I never got a rejection letter. Will there be multiple batches for next year?
Sep 8, 2018
14 posts
6 upvotes
Total wage package is $39.04/hour. $5.00 per hour to a self directed RRSP, $3.00 per hour to benefits, $0.90 per hour to union dues. $28.22 per hour plus 10% of that in lieu of vacation pay, this equals $31.04 per hour gross. This pay is only for TERM operators, who have 3 or 4 steps until they reach full pay. Full time operators start off lower and take longer to reach their full pay, but it is higher.
Sep 29, 2018
7 posts
Thanks for the information Smog249, do you have anymore details on Full time operators? Does a part of their wages also go to self directed RRSP and benefits? and how much higher do their wages become eventually. Just curious Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Sep 8, 2018
14 posts
6 upvotes
Full time employee receive a pension and benefits paid by OPG. Their top step/wage is approximately $58 per hour.
Nov 13, 2018
2 posts
Smog249 do you know what the top step/wage of the Term Operators is? Thanks!
Nov 13, 2018
2 posts
Smog249 do you know what the top step/wage is for the Term Operators?
Nov 2, 2018
19 posts
1 upvote
Anyone got contacted from OPG after the interview??? I'm just curious cuz people are asking detail about job.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

AYMON95