Careers

OPG Nuclear Operator In Training

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2019 4:04 pm
Nov 1, 2018
11 posts
That is exciting!!!
Ashley is yours still in progress on profile. Mine is and dated Oct 30th...one day before interview.
Keeping fingers crossed for a call soon Grinning Face
Oct 24, 2018
9 posts
2 upvotes
They called me, I had to provide a T4. So just because I got a call doesn't mean that they haven't started yours also. I don't think they would have called me if they didn't need the T4.
Oct 24, 2018
9 posts
2 upvotes
Yes mine still says in progress with the date of Oct 30th. I interviewed on Oct 22nd.
Sep 8, 2018
16 posts
7 upvotes
jusry1989 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 1:27 pm
Smog249 do you know what the top step/wage is for the Term Operators?
I believe after 4 or 5 years you will make $53/hr (minus that $10ish for benefits, dues, and RRSP, BUT you get 10%per hour for vacation a pay and 17% per hour in premiums when you work on shift)
Sep 29, 2018
11 posts
I'm assuming a 3rd party only contacts if a clarification is required on the security clearance. I have not received a rejection or any other contact (already have security clearance) and it has been exactly 3 weeks from my interview date.
Nov 2, 2018
20 posts
1 upvote
OCRAOJEFSA1 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 9:32 am
I'm assuming a 3rd party only contacts if a clarification is required on the security clearance. I have not received a rejection or any other contact (already have security clearance) and it has been exactly 3 weeks from my interview date.
How can you already have security clearance?? If they are doing security clearance meaning almost get a job??
Sep 29, 2018
11 posts
I have worked for OPG in the past 5 years. My security clearance from the past is still valid.
Oct 24, 2018
9 posts
2 upvotes
I emailed them just for an update and they said for the first class starting in Feb, that offers will not be going out till January. So I don’t think we will hear any offers or rejections till then
Oct 9, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
I got contacted by 3rd party requesting additional reference, because one of my references did not respond at all.

At the same time I also got an email requesting me to fill out the security clearance form. (Yes I have not fill it out because I haven’t been in Canada for 5 years. If I fill it out I also have to provide a CRNC from my country of origin.) As I don’t know whether I will get an offer or not, I am still deciding whether I should fill out the security clearance form and get a CRNC....
Nov 2, 2018
20 posts
1 upvote
CodeHeals wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 11:23 am
I got contacted by 3rd party requesting additional reference, because one of my references did not respond at all.

At the same time I also got an email requesting me to fill out the security clearance form. (Yes I have not fill it out because I haven’t been in Canada for 5 years. If I fill it out I also have to provide a CRNC from my country of origin.) As I don’t know whether I will get an offer or not, I am still deciding whether I should fill out the security clearance form and get a CRNC....
The reference was personal and work related? Or reference for work experience verification part?
Oct 9, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
Guest2000001 wrote: The reference was personal and work related? Or reference for work experience verification part?
I am not so sure, I am a recent graduate and hence could only provide my professors names for references. But surely it was not the security clearance one because I have not fill that out.
Nov 2, 2018
20 posts
1 upvote
CodeHeals wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 2:11 pm
I am not so sure, I am a recent graduate and hence could only provide my professors names for references. But surely it was not the security clearance one because I have not fill that out.
Oh that's great. My references are not contacted yet hope they get contacted soon