Careers

OPG Nuclear Operator In Training

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2019 8:41 pm
Oct 24, 2018
9 posts
2 upvotes
I emailed them just for an update and they said for the first class starting in Feb, that offers will not be going out till January. So I don’t think we will hear any offers or rejections till then
Oct 9, 2018
7 posts
I got contacted by 3rd party requesting additional reference, because one of my references did not respond at all.

At the same time I also got an email requesting me to fill out the security clearance form. (Yes I have not fill it out because I haven’t been in Canada for 5 years. If I fill it out I also have to provide a CRNC from my country of origin.) As I don’t know whether I will get an offer or not, I am still deciding whether I should fill out the security clearance form and get a CRNC....
Nov 2, 2018
19 posts
1 upvote
CodeHeals wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 11:23 am
I got contacted by 3rd party requesting additional reference, because one of my references did not respond at all.

At the same time I also got an email requesting me to fill out the security clearance form. (Yes I have not fill it out because I haven’t been in Canada for 5 years. If I fill it out I also have to provide a CRNC from my country of origin.) As I don’t know whether I will get an offer or not, I am still deciding whether I should fill out the security clearance form and get a CRNC....
The reference was personal and work related? Or reference for work experience verification part?
Oct 9, 2018
7 posts
Guest2000001 wrote: The reference was personal and work related? Or reference for work experience verification part?
I am not so sure, I am a recent graduate and hence could only provide my professors names for references. But surely it was not the security clearance one because I have not fill that out.
Nov 2, 2018
19 posts
1 upvote
CodeHeals wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 2:11 pm
I am not so sure, I am a recent graduate and hence could only provide my professors names for references. But surely it was not the security clearance one because I have not fill that out.
Oh that's great. My references are not contacted yet hope they get contacted soon
Oct 22, 2018
10 posts
My references were contacted as part of the security clearance. My work references have yet to be contacted.
Oct 22, 2018
10 posts
It sounds like rejection letters have gone out since the interviews, and they have narrowed it down to a list of preferred candidates. My guess would be that they will go down the list throughout the year and send job offers out until all the classes have been filled, in September when all the classes have been filled whoever is left on the list will then get a rejection letter.
Nov 30, 2018
2 posts
Hi,

I haven't read all the posts, but I am also looking towards career at OPG or Bruce Power. Can you please give me some insight on their Aptitude tests and interview process? Furthermore, How long it usually takes from beginning of the application to the end of hiring process?

Thanks
Nov 1, 2018
11 posts
So got an email..one more step for security clearance than it's done...just needed more information to contact someone... So far so good...anyone have any updates??
Nov 2, 2018
19 posts
1 upvote
Guestservices wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 1:52 pm
So got an email..one more step for security clearance than it's done...just needed more information to contact someone... So far so good...anyone have any updates??
Did they contact your personal references and work references? Besides for security clearance
Nov 1, 2018
11 posts
Just security. Got email that it was complete.
No work references yet...how about you?
Nov 2, 2018
19 posts
1 upvote
Well I think mine is still in progress one of my previous superior got contacted for work experience verification but no personal or work references got contacted
Nov 1, 2018
11 posts
That is a good sign. It seems they are doing security clearances before work references. They have a lot to do by next month when they plan to give out offers.
Too bad they couldn't tell everyone before the holidays.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

AYMON95