• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2017 1:35 am
Tags:
None
Mar 5, 2002
718 posts
23 upvotes
What can I say?

There have been a lot of comments regarding CIBC vs BMO. I am aware that BMO made the top 100 on Maclean's list this year and CIBC did not.

But as within any large organization, when working in pocket environments, it's a toss up as to what the management is like. The only way to truly find out is to work there, but I'd recommend if she finds out which branch she would be working at first, and the physically go into the branch, go up to a teller and ask what it's like to work there.

As for the casual vs. the part time/full time; I'd say take the full time. The casual is a "we'll call you if we need you!" type job. If you decline too many, she would be dismissed.

Part time is something like a minimum of 20-25 hrs a week which is great provided that she can work in the evenings and/or weekends.

I can only speak for CIBC, it can be a great place to work, but again, it's what you make it. If you get lucky with good management as I have been in the past; you can have a lot of fun and see lots of advancement.

If you're unlucky...well...

Good Luck to your G/F!

Cheers!
Tano!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2533 posts
8 upvotes
casual = no guaranteed hours
part-time = guaranteed x hours per week... typically 15 - 25
full-time = guaranteed 40hrs per week
[OP]
Mar 20, 2006
38 posts
9 upvotes
Woodbridge
G/F took BMO's offer, based on the input from this thread, and other factors such as wage, F/T position versus Casual. Thanks again.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2003
1098 posts
34 upvotes
Being in consulting, I have worked with a number of banks and each bank is very different. I think your girlfriend needs to decide which bank culture she fits better in. Think about the interviewers - did she like the CIBC or BMO ones more? Each company and bank has their pros and cons .. at the end of the day, it's fit and career development potential that means the most. But in my humble opinion, I think if you prove yourself .. there is always potential to grow professionally .. no matter where you are.
Mar 15, 2017
1 posts
HI

Good to hear. What course did she studied?. How many years after she got that bank teller job?. please reply ASAP.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3024 posts
1181 upvotes
SowmyaY479772 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 10:49 pm
HI

Good to hear. What course did she studied?. How many years after she got that bank teller job?. please reply ASAP.

Thanks
11 years ago :facepalm:
Feb 16, 2013
176 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
So is his girlfriend still a teller or did she get replaced by an ATM?
Nov 19, 2014
675 posts
162 upvotes
cowbunpants wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 12:14 am
Canada would never allow that. They would unionize, strike. The NDP would make huge noise.

Big businesses rarely win in Canada. That's one thing Canadians don't have to worry about. They'll raise big business taxes and force them to hire underqualified Canadians before they'll eliminate jobs.

It's like all the crazy people here who think Pharmacy jobs will be eliminated. It's Vancouver, not San Francisco. It took them 10 years to figure out how scanners for public transportation would work. You think they're going to automate Pharmacies? Face With Tears Of Joy
I'm At The W, But I Can't Meet You In The Lobby, Girl I Gotta Watch My Back, Cuz I'm Not Just Anybody, I Seen Em' Stand In Line, Just To Get Beside Her, That's When We Disappear, You Need GPS To Find Her, Oh That Was Your Girl? I Thought I Recognized Her."
Jul 11, 2009
224 posts
50 upvotes
cowbunpants wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 12:14 am
Tim Horton's night shift
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2013
5511 posts
1568 upvotes
Toronto
tell is the worst job at the bank right now. 10 year old thread though nice.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2006
38 posts
9 upvotes
Woodbridge
lmao just noticed this thread has come back from the dead. ok here is the update:

she is still with bmo but as an mortgage broker, and someone else's wife, as far as i could tell.
Jun 24, 2014
37 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BigDeal2006 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 1:24 am
lmao just noticed this thread has come back from the dead. ok here is the update:

she is still with bmo but as an mortgage broker, and someone else's wife, as far as i could tell.
Thanks for the update! We'll check back in 2028.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel