[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14311 posts
1975 upvotes
Toronto
Amourek wrote:
Sep 16th, 2012 2:29 pm
Won't ppl have trouble with accidental touches because there's so little bezel on the sides?
I guess you'd need a bumper/case or something then. I say that a near bezel-less display would be a plus.

Maybe the software will "intelligently" detect false touches. Kinda like how android tablets can filter out palms while using a stylus to draw.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
4039 posts
156 upvotes
Etobicoke
Any fresh news on when this phone will become available? It's not just the video. It's the sound too. You get that amazing audio decoder chipset in the phone (the one they claim is used in Rolls Royce cars). So instead of MP3s, you can upload uncompressed FLAC files onto this phone, add a pair of decent headphones like Grado SR60i or something, and you have pretty much the best portable music player in your palm.

To those who don't know, Oppo makes pretty much the best blu-ray players (and previously DVD players) for the money. Cheaper version is $499, more expensive fully-loaded model used to be 999, now it's $1200. The more expensive model packs several thousand dollars worth of audiophile grade electronics in one player. I have owned Oppo BDP-93 (previous generation 3D blu-ray, the new one is 4K capable player) and just love it. It does everything that I want, and does it the best way possible. Obviously it plays blu-rays through top of the line video and audio decoders (well BDP-95 and 105 have better chips), dual-HDMI outputs, Netflix, Vudu and other online streaming services support, built-in wireless network (and wired network port obviously). It can play any movie file type via either external hard drive hooked up to it or over the network (the disabled ISO format support due to industry demand a few months ago).

EDIT: here is some fresh rumours that we will have it in Canada in 2013: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Oppo-Fin ... 7338.shtml

http://www.gadgetunlimited-zone.com/201 ... model.html
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15412 posts
799 upvotes
Woodbridge
Oppo? They make Blu-ray Disc players, high end IIRC.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
× < >