Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2420 posts
403 upvotes

Opti Coat 2

Anyone here get Opti Coat done on their car? How long has it been? How has it kept up?

If you're in the GTA, did Wes or Bryan do it?
175 replies
Apr 5, 2010
780 posts
41 upvotes
What the hell is opticoat2?

Oh it must of been the Trucoat that Jerry Lundegaard sold you right? He kept on insisting it and said it came from the factory yah?
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
2312 posts
302 upvotes
Ancaster
I had the original Opti-Coat done on my truck.

This is the Opti-Coat that is only sold to professional detailers...it's now sold as Opti-Guard.

I am very happy with the results.

I had Kevin from GTAi n Detail do mine.

http://gtaindetail.com/
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3446 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
shutterbug wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2011 9:22 pm
Anyone here get Opti Coat done on their car? How long has it been? How has it kept up?

If you're in the GTA
U got PM
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1489 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
I heard about this - it's permanent, right? Does it replace waxing, or is it more like an extra layer of protection?
How I try to save money: Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $64 100 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp / Foupon
How I try to make money: Stack Mastercard / Amex Biz Platinum / Drop / GCR / Ebates / Paytm / Plastiq / Paymi
Sep 10, 2009
304 posts
21 upvotes
I have opti guard that I use on customer cars. Basically think of it as a 2 micron thick clear film but nprice able like a clear film. It does replace waxing but your paint gets a little more grabber basically not as smooth as wax but somether then a car with bonded contaminants. You can wax on top of it but it doesnt last very long ~2 weeks tops but I have permanon and that lasts 6 months and brings the smoothness back. Opti coat\guard is the ONLY proven permanent paint protection system out right now.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 13, 2004
8916 posts
1344 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
What's the general cost for something like this?
0_o
<_<
>_>
Deal Fanatic
Mar 13, 2004
8916 posts
1344 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
shutterbug wrote:
Dec 4th, 2011 3:58 pm
The 2 quotes I got were both $200.

Thanks,

That's actually not to bad, I was expecting it to be closer to $500 range.
0_o
<_<
>_>
Sep 10, 2009
304 posts
21 upvotes
sickcars wrote:
Dec 4th, 2011 4:00 pm
Thanks,

Total should be around the 700 range because you should get your paint polished really well before you seal it, whatevers under the paint is there until the the opti coat is removed by mechanical abrasion
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1489 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
hamza7 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2011 3:29 pm
I have opti guard that I use on customer cars. Basically think of it as a 2 micron thick clear film but nprice able like a clear film. It does replace waxing but your paint gets a little more grabber basically not as smooth as wax but somether then a car with bonded contaminants. You can wax on top of it but it doesnt last very long ~2 weeks tops but I have permanon and that lasts 6 months and brings the smoothness back. Opti coat\guard is the ONLY proven permanent paint protection system out right now.

Interesting! I'm always interested in lazy-man ways to keeping the car shiny. How is the lustre/shine compared to regular maintenance with Opti-Seal? How long does Opti-Seal last on top of Opti-Coat/Opti-Guard?

One more question. :) Does Opti-Coat provide any stone chip protection, like a 3M Clearbra?
How I try to save money: Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $64 100 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp / Foupon
How I try to make money: Stack Mastercard / Amex Biz Platinum / Drop / GCR / Ebates / Paytm / Plastiq / Paymi
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3446 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
shutterbug wrote:
Dec 4th, 2011 3:58 pm
The 2 quotes I got were both $200.
sickcars wrote:
Dec 4th, 2011 4:00 pm
Thanks,

Before u get too excited, u should find out what services are included for the $200 quotation. I wouldnt expect much, interested to see.

It's just like a dinner combo, what items are included with the entree?
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2420 posts
403 upvotes
boredstudent3 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2011 5:13 pm
Before u get too excited, u should find out what services are included for the $200 quotation. I wouldnt expect much, interested to see.

It's just like a dinner combo, what items are included with the entree?

Both quotes came from highly reputable detailers that everyone recommends.....includes wash and paint prep/decontamination.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5833 posts
235 upvotes
shutterbug wrote:
Dec 4th, 2011 5:53 pm
Both quotes came from highly reputable detailers that everyone recommends.....includes wash and paint prep/decontamination.

So does that include paint correction or a simple LSP strip and clay? Or is the $200 on top of the detailing?
signature edited for rule violations