Oct 27, 2007
2918 posts
69 upvotes
Anyone have a dealer list for YVR area?
Jan 18, 2010
380 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
There is no more ocp 2.0 as on Sept 1/2014. Also opticoat pro now comes with a 5 year warranty. No warranty, not likely opticoat pro or from an authorized detailer. Make sure you know what you are getting and it should be easy with the warranty paperwork.
Apr 20, 2014
122 posts
9 upvotes
North York, ON
what about just wrap your car with this 3m clear bra instead of this opti coat?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3446 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
gerrbear8 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2014 11:24 pm
what about just wrap your car with this 3m clear bra instead of this opti coat?
Most people only wrap the front end and other high impact areas with PPF.

For the rest of the vehicle, they use a wax or sealant or coating product. You could wrap the entire vehicle in PPF but it would be very costly and every PPF film that I've seen has at least a bit of orange peel or texture to it. So if you were to wrap the entire car, you would cover the vehicle in the film texture.

If you were referring to the decision of either: wrapping the front with PPF or using the OC, then it depends on what result you're looking for. If your main concern is paint protection, then nothing protects better than the film. If you wanted clarity and no added texture, then choose the coating but you'll be subjected to pitting and rock chips. Rock chips can still happen to PPF as well.
Oct 11, 2007
261 posts
32 upvotes
bryansbestwax wrote:
Sep 7th, 2014 10:17 pm
There is no more ocp 2.0 as on Sept 1/2014. Also opticoat pro now comes with a 5 year warranty. No warranty, not likely opticoat pro or from an authorized detailer. Make sure you know what you are getting and it should be easy with the warranty paperwork.
Here are the authorized Opti Coat PRO detailers for Canada. This should help anyone looking for Opti Coat Pro, to ensure they are getting what they are paying for.

Autowerkes Exclusive- Attn: Ken Wilson
300-20170 Stewart Cres. Maple Ridge, BC
(604) 561-5121 , detailguy@shaw.ca
www.autowerksexclusive.ca

Detailing Bliss - Attn: Juan Carlos Baca
1530 Aviation Rd NE, Calgary, AB
(403) 614-5614, cbaca@shaw.ca
www.detailingbliss.ca

Mobile Reflections - Attn: Jed Bouscal
Kincora Dr, Calgary, AB
(403) 863 8019, jed@mobilereflections.ca
www.mobilereflections.ca

Scotty’s Shine Shop - Attn: Scott Perkin
210 York St. London, ON
(519) 434-2922, scott.perkin@shineshop.ca
www.shineshop.ca

GTA in Detail – Attn: Kevin Hamill
1075 Meyerside Dr. Mississauga, ON
(647 203 5164, kevin@gtaindetail.com
www.gtaindetail.com

Make It Shine - Attn: Kaval Vilkhu
Brampton, ON
(647) 241 6832, kaval@makeitshine.ca
www.makeitshine.ca

Orion Detailing Company - Attn: Wes Robles
Leaside Business Park, Toronto, ON
(647) 999-8499, info@oriondetailing.co
www.oriondetailing.co

Concours Touch – Attn: Bryan Walroth
8240 Enfield Rd, Hampton, ON
(905)999-5215, bryanwalroth@gmail.com
www.concourstouch.com

Upper Class Detailing – Attn: Vlad Cropacev
Ottawa, ON,
1 877 450 6419, vladc613@gmail.com
www.upperclassdetailing.com

MTL Auto Detail - Attn: Nico Riveros
Rue des Risseaux, L’île-Perrot, QC
(514) 573-6598, info@mtlautodetail.com
www.mtlautodetail.com

Swifty’s – Attn: Mathew Swift-Brennan
8665 Décarie, Montreal, QC
(514) 448-6266, matt@swiftys.ca
www.swiftys.ca

Répare-Brise- Attn: Yvan Lacroix
Various Locations throughout Quebec
Opti-Coat Pro Canadain Distributor
1 877 772 7774, yvan@repare-brise.net
www.repare-brise.net

Prestige Esthétique Automobile – Attn: Dany Tremblay
3222 Ave Du Pont N, Alma, QC
(418) 662 4572, danytremblay58@hotmail.com
www.facebook.com/almaautodetailing

House of Details Bedford – Attn: Dave Wilson
9 Symonds Rd. Bedford, NS
(902) 404 1500, info@houseofautodetails.ca
www.houseofautodetails.ca
No advertising in sigs - Mods
Sep 8, 2014
18 posts
3 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Trust me, I know from experience that you should stick to one of the authorized guys, and make sure that they are authorized! I made the error of taking someone at their word and ended up with a HUGE headache. My situation ended taking a few months to sort out. A HUGE thanks to Kaval (Make it Shine), Brian (Concours Touch), Kevin (GTA in Detail), and Ivan (Optimum) for their time and helping me navigate this entire ordeal! They took the time to talk with me regarding my situation, their expertise with regard to my vehicle, and for making the situation right even though it was 100% not their fault! They are truly stand up guys and I would highly recommend any of them to anyone looking for detailing services or coatings.

They are a little more expensive but its 100% worth it for the peace of mind.

Its really helpful now especially that Opti-Coat comes with a warranty. Now there can be no doubt that you are getting the product that you paid for.
Jan 18, 2010
380 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
centres wrote:
Nov 7th, 2014 9:21 pm
Trust me, I know from experience that you should stick to one of the authorized guys, and make sure that they are authorized! I made the error of taking someone at their word and ended up with a HUGE headache. My situation ended taking a few months to sort out. A HUGE thanks to Kaval (Make it Shine), Brian (Concours Touch), Kevin (GTA in Detail), and Ivan (Optimum) for their time and helping me navigate this entire ordeal! They took the time to talk with me regarding my situation, their expertise with regard to my vehicle, and for making the situation right even though it was 100% not their fault! They are truly stand up guys and I would highly recommend any of them to anyone looking for detailing services or coatings.

Its really helpful now especially that Opti-Coat comes with a warranty. Now there can be no doubt that you are getting the product that you paid for.
Anytime. Glad optimum was able to look after you.
Master of shine.....
Jul 23, 2014
10 posts
5 upvotes
London, ON
bryansbestwax wrote:
Nov 7th, 2014 9:45 pm
Anytime. Glad optimum was able to look after you.
As an authorized Opti-Coat PRO installer it's unfortunate that this seems to be happening. My best advice is to check with Optimum to find out who is approved and that will guide you to an authorized installer that is able to properly prep the car and apply the coating properly. I have recently seen many installers claiming to install "Opti-Coat" and using the ambiguity of that statement to trick customers into thinking they are receiving Opti-Coat PRO when they are at best receiving Opti-Coat 2.0 (a completely different and discontinued product) or at worst - an unknown product altogether. If your installer cannot, or will not provide you with a warranty card and package with your installation it is NOT Opti-Coat PRO. The authorized installers are here to support you with your purchase of this premium product and afterwards with continued care and upkeep. Don't trust your vehicle to someone that Optimum won't trust to install the product properly - they are not authorized in most cases for a reason.
Scotty's Shine Shop
Serving all of Southern Ontario
Clear Bra Installation • High Performance Paint Coating Systems • Fine Car Detailing & Paint Correction
519-434-2922
info@shineshop.ca
www.shineshop.ca
Jan 18, 2010
380 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
It's nice to know kevin was nice enough to Clean out the left over compound after someone washed the car twice and still left it. Guess he is a little more "attentiv" than some one else. No shady Ness just quality work.
Master of shine.....
Jul 23, 2014
10 posts
5 upvotes
London, ON
bryansbestwax wrote:
Nov 12th, 2014 1:48 pm
It's nice to know kevin was nice enough to Clean out the left over compound after someone washed the car twice and still left it. Guess he is a little more "attentiv" than some one else. No shady Ness just quality work.
Kevin is the man.
Scotty's Shine Shop
Clear Bra Installation • High Performance Paint Coating Systems • Fine Car Detailing & Paint Correction
519-434-2922
info@shineshop.ca
www.shineshop.ca
Oct 11, 2007
261 posts
32 upvotes
centres wrote:
Nov 7th, 2014 9:21 pm

Thanks for the kind words. We are all just trying to do the right thing. Sorry for this experience you had with Alex from Attentiv to Detailz. I have tried to address this with him but he ignores my calls, voicemails, text messages, public Facebook posts, Facebook messages, and emails. He's also blocked us on Instagram too. Moving forward you are in good hands and will finally get to enjoy real Opti Coat Pro - the one that doesn't have a world-wide shortage :-P
No advertising in sigs - Mods
Jul 23, 2014
10 posts
5 upvotes
London, ON
kvilkhu wrote:
Nov 15th, 2014 1:44 am
Thanks for the kind words. We are all just trying to do the right thing. Sorry for this experience you had with Alex from Attentiv to Detailz. I have tried to address this with him but he ignores my calls, voicemails, text messages, public Facebook posts, Facebook messages, and emails. He's also blocked us on Instagram too. Moving forward you are in good hands and will finally get to enjoy real Opti Coat Pro - the one that doesn't have a world-wide shortage :-P
[IMG]http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... qe2c25.gif[/IMG]
Scotty's Shine Shop
519-434-2922
info@shineshop.ca
www.shineshop.ca
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
7930 posts
1142 upvotes
Toronto
Is opti coat an alternative to redoing the entire clear coat?

I imagine to redo a clear coat one might have to strip all the paint and redo the paint as well as clear?

While with opticoat it's just a matter of polishing and cleaning the paint, then opticoating.

Just asking as at $700 to opticoat, and a new paint job with clear around a $1000 minimum?