• Jun 14th, 2015 9:57 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 11, 2007
261 posts
32 upvotes
kci3 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2015 10:50 am
What is opti coat pro +? never heard of a + version. Can you tell me the difference? thanks!
It's a new version that includes a second layer of coating for increased gloss, slickness and waterspot resistance over regular Opti Coat Pro.
No advertising in sigs - Mods
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2494 posts
475 upvotes
kvilkhu wrote:
Apr 17th, 2015 11:27 am
It's a new version that includes a second layer of coating for increased gloss, slickness and waterspot resistance over regular Opti Coat Pro.
Just more marketing to justify the insane pricing for Opticoat now. Thank god I bought one of the last syringes of Opticoat last year. It's not that complicated to apply. Even if I don't
get a 5 year warranty I'm still farther ahead reapplying every other year than paying for the ridiculous $500+ these days.
Oct 11, 2007
261 posts
32 upvotes
shutterbug wrote:
Apr 18th, 2015 5:20 pm
Just more marketing to justify the insane pricing for Opticoat now. Thank god I bought one of the last syringes of Opticoat last year. It's not that complicated to apply. Even if I don't
get a 5 year warranty I'm still farther ahead reapplying every other year than paying for the ridiculous $500+ these days.
Sorry you feel that way man. I assure you it's not just marketing. I'm putting it on a Chevy Volt right now. We are working to have the warranty extended an extra two years with Pro+ as well. The version you got last year is not Pro, it's 2.0. Different product. Glad it's working for you.
Apr 6, 2015
133 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
I need one for my car. My dealer didn't detail it even though I paid for it during delivery. I have 3 tiny stone chips now :( Can I still do opti coat?
Oct 11, 2007
261 posts
32 upvotes
Yes you can but Opti coat Pro doesn't protect against stone chips. That is where paint protection film comes in.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 13, 2004
9466 posts
1655 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Detailing only cleans and maybe waxs the car (depending on the dealer) that would not protect against stone chips, you would need some sort of front clear film protector as the person above me already said.

For best results get it protected with Opti Coat or something similar & then get the film applied to the car fro protection.
VGTor11 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2015 12:31 am
I need one for my car. My dealer didn't detail it even though I paid for it during delivery. I have 3 tiny stone chips now :( Can I still do opti coat?
0_o
<_<
>_>
Jul 18, 2007
300 posts
15 upvotes
Considering getting Opti Coat for a new TLX I brought a month ago. Just curious about washing the car. My old car I just take it through a touchless car wash at a gas station and call it a day. Can I still do that with Opti Coat applied?
Sep 10, 2009
304 posts
21 upvotes
miorya wrote:
Jun 14th, 2015 9:31 pm
Considering getting Opti Coat for a new TLX I brought a month ago. Just curious about washing the car. My old car I just take it through a touchless car wash at a gas station and call it a day. Can I still do that with Opti Coat applied?
Hi yes you can, actually it will clean a little better. We also offer Ceramic Pro. Gloss coat is good for 2 years.
Signature removed by MOD. No advertising and no external links are allowed in signatures
Jul 18, 2007
300 posts
15 upvotes
hamza7 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2015 9:48 pm
Hi yes you can, actually it will clean a little better. We also offer Ceramic Pro. Gloss coat is good for 2 years.
Good to know! I'll be away on vacation for couple of months so probably won't have time to get it done until I'm back. Just wanted to do some research for now. Is Opti Coat what I should go for if I want to protect and keep the paint looking new?
Sep 10, 2009
304 posts
21 upvotes
miorya wrote:
Jun 14th, 2015 9:56 pm
Good to know! I'll be away on vacation for couple of months so probably won't have time to get it done until I'm back. Just wanted to do some research for now. Is Opti Coat what I should go for if I want to protect and keep the paint looking new?
Yes!
Signature removed by MOD. No advertising and no external links are allowed in signatures

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)