• Jun 14th, 2015 9:57 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 11, 2007
261 posts
32 upvotes
bbob3125 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2014 9:55 pm
Well I don't really want to sandbag them so let me call them and just make sure 100% that there wasn't some sort of mis-communication.
Respectable of you.
No advertising in sigs - Mods
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3446 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
nimor107 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2014 7:49 pm
Any recommendation? Going to GTA is a possibility if the price is right.
You can try (if haven't already): Joey @ Elegance Auto Detailing (http://www.eleganceautodetailing.com/index.html) or Nico @ MTL Auto Detail (http://www.mtlautodetail.com/).

Both are good guys and they have collaborated on projects together before.

You shouldn't need to come out to GTA, unless you want to eat some of our awesome poutine and bagels and smoked meat...har har har j/k :D
nimor107 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2014 8:28 pm
I want to keep the car 5-6 years...which one would be best? (Pro I assume)

I want a permanent coating because I don't have the time and the motivation to wax my car regularly. I think I could find the time to wash the car every week but I usually go to a hand car wash.
it's an excellent product choice for your required needs.
Jan 18, 2010
380 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
@bbob3125

There are four authorized as of today in gta for opticoat pro. 3 are also authorized for cquartz finest as well.

[...]

GTA in Detail
Kevin Hamill
Mississauga
CQuartz finest as well

Make it shine
Kaval
GTA west/Hamilton
CQuartz finest as well

Orion detailing
Wes Robles
GTA

Not on the list. No authorized in Canada for the gta. Some that had access didn't have insurance or weren't a registered business or both.
Jan 18, 2010
380 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
There is one other authorized detailer in Montreal other than the two mentioned. Yvan told me the name but the name escapes me.
Oct 11, 2007
261 posts
32 upvotes
bryansbestwax wrote:
Aug 1st, 2014 10:12 pm
@bbob3125

There are four authorized as of today in gta for opticoat pro. 3 are also authorized for cquartz finest as well.

[...]

GTA in Detail
Kevin Hamill
Mississauga
CQuartz finest as well

Make it shine - mobile
Kaval
GTA west/Hamilton
CQuartz finest as well

Orion detailing
Wes Robles
GTA

Concours Touch - mobile
Bryan
GTA East
CQuartz finest as well

Not on the list. No authorized in Canada for the gta. Some that had access didn't have insurance or weren't a registered business or both.
I put you on the list Bryan, lol.
No advertising in sigs - Mods
Nov 5, 2013
32 posts
2 upvotes
I was wondering about the warranty that you mentioned earlier. I asked Optimum if their warranty covered Canada and I have yet to get a response from them. My understanding is that Optimum didnt offer a warranty for Opti Coat Pro.

Thanks
Sep 10, 2009
304 posts
21 upvotes
bbob3125 wrote:
Aug 5th, 2014 10:44 am
I was wondering about the warranty that you mentioned earlier. I asked Optimum if their warranty covered Canada and I have yet to get a response from them. My understanding is that Optimum didnt offer a warranty for Opti Coat Pro.

Thanks
No warranty for opti coat pro is offered yet in Canada but talk to Yvan I think there was optional warranty for $150 if I remember correctly. Opti coat is going over a complete overhaul over the next few months.
Signature removed by MOD. No advertising and no external links are allowed in signatures
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
1173 posts
231 upvotes
Montreal
Joey or Nico from Montreal will overcharge you for the nano coating with the opticoat. Go see Waxxon and Alex Lemay, he's one of the best detailer in MTL area, he uses CQuartz however because joey threatened him for not charging the suggested overprice price.... anyways (...)
Penalty Box
Feb 7, 2010
1463 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto
shutterbug wrote:
Dec 4th, 2011 9:15 pm
I've already had the car for 2 weeks. The paint is fine. Yes there are some very fine "swirl marks" from them doing the PDI. But you have to look very hard at an angle to see it.
I'm not driving a sports car and expecting showroom quality here. I do want it to be protected and to last a long time.

you just contradicted yourself

if you want to be properly protected and to last a long time, your paint need to be in near-perfect condition

you'd be surprised at how those "fine swirl marks" will degrade your opti-coat durability
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2494 posts
475 upvotes
You want to rethink what you just said?? How does a coating sitting on top of the swirl marks become less durable?? The swirl marks are cosmetic, they become the paint's "texture".
The Opticoat sits between the paint the environment. Does paint degrade faster because you put it on wood instead of a drywall?? The paint may not be visually perfect but it's not
any less durable.
reyoasian wrote:
Aug 6th, 2014 10:17 am
you just contradicted yourself

if you want to be properly protected and to last a long time, your paint need to be in near-perfect condition

you'd be surprised at how those "fine swirl marks" will degrade your opti-coat durability
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2494 posts
475 upvotes
What do you mean by overhaul? Warranty or reformulation?
hamza7 wrote:
Aug 5th, 2014 10:52 am
No warranty for opti coat pro is offered yet in Canada but talk to Yvan I think there was optional warranty for $150 if I remember correctly. Opti coat is going over a complete overhaul over the next few months.
Sep 10, 2009
304 posts
21 upvotes
shutterbug wrote:
Aug 6th, 2014 10:39 am
What do you mean by overhaul? Warranty or reformulation?

Well they are still working out the kinks but there will probably be no change to the actual product. I think it'll easier to define what Opti Coat is the the masses.
Signature removed by MOD. No advertising and no external links are allowed in signatures
Penalty Box
Feb 7, 2010
1463 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto
shutterbug wrote:
Aug 6th, 2014 10:36 am
You want to rethink what you just said?? How does a coating sitting on top of the swirl marks become less durable?? The swirl marks are cosmetic, they become the paint's "texture".
The Opticoat sits between the paint the environment. Does paint degrade faster because you put it on wood instead of a drywall?? The paint may not be visually perfect but it's not
any less durable.
Detailing 101: wax/sealants are most effective when the paint is free of surface debris and embedded debris
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2494 posts
475 upvotes
Think again! How is a swirl mark considered embedded debris? Debris can come loose and thus expose parts of the sealant.
A swirl isn't coming off! You're doing more "damage" to the paint by buffing out the swirl with a polisher.

reyoasian wrote:
Aug 6th, 2014 11:24 am
Detailing 101:
wax/sealants are most effective when the paint is free of surface debris and embedded debris
Nov 5, 2013
32 posts
2 upvotes
I think the two of you are having and argument over semantics. Technically, no a swirl mark wont make the opti coat any LESS DURABLE. But you will be able to see the swirl. This in turn kind of defeats the point of getting opti coat in the first place, given that the whole point of opticoat is to protect the paint and help PREVENT swirl marks.