options assignment

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2017 12:38 pm
[OP]
Sep 24, 2006
733 posts
26 upvotes

options assignment

I sold some (at the time) out of the money puts which expired today in the money... when i log into my virtual brokers platform it still shows the positions...

i'm assuming these will be assigned to me, at what point does that happen i thought it was today? they were cash secured puts so i have the money in my account to buy the stock.

First time i am in this situation, on the montreal exchange website i found some line saying the CDCC does options assignment 3 business days after the expiry date? ( so next wednesday?)

Does anyone with VB know anywhere on the platform i can see if i am being assigned or not.
3 replies
Apr 22, 2014
313 posts
158 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
It takes the weekend. It will be reflected by Monday morning. Patience.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
2800 posts
427 upvotes
On saturday
After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: it never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It was always my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!
[OP]
Sep 24, 2006
733 posts
26 upvotes
dlhunter wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 12:48 am
On saturday
my margin and buying power went up implying that at least one of them wasn't assigned to me? I sold 15 and 16 puts the stock closed at 14.78. (0.22 and 1.22 in the money respectively) I sold the options for 0.45 and 0.51 respectively... so is it possible the 15 is not being assigned? on one hand anxious because i've never let options expire always got out before but haha i want the stock so w/e. When ever these are getting assigned or not to me plan is to sell 17 calls against this entire position as a hedge against insane market and to lower CB.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel