Options for our summer trip....which one ?
we are thorn between two options for our 2019 summer vacations. You have to know that:
We are a family of four (2 adults and 2 kids of 7 and 11)
we are school teacher and school psychologist so we dont have a choice, we have to travel in July-August
We are french speaking (we can speak and understand english very well but not our kids)
In last years we have been in Germany, Austria, Portugal, catalonia and Italy
we love good food, history, craft beer, and kids activities (beach, playgrounds)
We have budget for 23-27 days.
So, for now, we have three ideas:
- Fly to Glasgow, stay ther for 2 nights.
- Train To edinburgh (3 nights)
- rent a car for the rest of the trip
- Aberdeen ? Inverness? Skye ? Mull ? Still have to decide we will have 6-9 nights for that part
- drive to northern england (Adrian wall )
- cotswold ? Bath ? Liverpool ?
- finish to London, let the car there, stay 4-5 nights and fly back home
- Fly To Lyon (2-3 nights)
- Rent a car, drive to Annecy (2 nights)
- Go in vaucluse region (5-6 nights)
- Marseilles ? Toulouse ? Carcassonne ?
- Dordogne (5-6 nights)
- Bordeau (2-3 nights) and fly back home
Option 3) SW France + Northern Spain
1) Fly to Toulouse (2-3 nights)
2) rent a car after Toulouse. Stop In Carcasonne (1 night)
3) Pyrennes (Pau ? Biarritz ?) (2-3 nighst)
4) Northern Spain Coast ( San Sebastian ) Bilbao ? Llanes ?) (4-5 nights)
5) St Jacques Compostelle region (2 nights)
6 Leon region (2 nights)
7) Head to Bordeaux (one night stop on route)
8) Dordogne region (4-5 nights)
9) drop car Bordeaux (2-3 nights)
10) Fly back home
Any ideas/thoughts about this ?