Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

Optoma 720p HD Projector (refurb) - $569 at Canada Computers

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2010 10:06 am
Tags:
None
9 replies
Jun 25, 2005
849 posts
522 upvotes
Awesome, looks like an awesome combo for a nice home theatre setup on the cheap.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2552 posts
403 upvotes
Durham Region
Hmmm not bad, not sure if I should go for this or pay another $400 for a 1080p projector like the Optoma 20HD....
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2552 posts
403 upvotes
Durham Region
I picked up one of these today... so far really impressed with the projector. Also the condition of it looked brand new. FYI it's reconditioned by Optoma and a brand new bulb is installed with zero hours... PS3 looks spectacular compared to my "little" 42" samsung lcd...
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2525 posts
58 upvotes
I have the 65HD, which is also 720p, and I love it. The quality is great and it was cheap.

Just make sure to get an extended warranty with it. I spent almost $500 on a replacement bulb and RMA 6 months after I bought it.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2552 posts
403 upvotes
Durham Region
what was wrong with it?
ashgotti wrote: I have the 65HD, which is also 720p, and I love it. The quality is great and it was cheap.

Just make sure to get an extended warranty with it. I spent almost $500 on a replacement bulb and RMA 6 months after I bought it.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2525 posts
58 upvotes
ATLien69 wrote: what was wrong with it?
It would turn on and the fan would go for a few minutes but I'd get no image and then it would shut down. I talked to Optoma about it and they said that it was not covered under the included 3 month warranty. So I figured I'd spend ~$300 on a new bulb in case that was the issue. If it didn't fix it, I'd still have the spare bulb. Well, the bulb didn't fix it so I went back to Optoma. They waived the labour and just changed me for parts and shipping, which came to ~$200. The lamp driver had to be replaced and it's been fine since.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2008
3451 posts
449 upvotes
I had a Optoma HD70 for a couple years and was really happy with it. Recently replaced it with an entry level BenQ 1080p model (with the dollar so close to parity, ordered from projectorpeople.com and saved a ton). It's even better, but if you don't know what you are missing it's hard to go wrong with the 720p model at such a great price.
Banned
Jan 16, 2009
770 posts
325 upvotes
Montreal
ashgotti wrote: So I figured I'd spend ~$300 on a new bulb in case that was the issue.
You can find one at 150$ with shipping on eBay.ca

I have the HD6800 model who is very similar to HD72. Great picture but the bulb has a short live like less than 2 years or 1000h. Mine last 3 months.

today 570$ is a good deal.
:arrow: UBUNTU a FREE & Great Operating System
:arrow: Group deals @Montreal
:?: US mail forwarding service

:cool: Watch collector : deal up to 200$

:arrowl: click on THANKS if you appreciate my post.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2002
1875 posts
576 upvotes
For what it's worth, I got a refurb HD65 projector from Canada Computers a year ago and have not any problems at all - really love it. I was obviously concerned about the whole refurb idea but it's been fine.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)