Tags:
None
Jun 14, 2011
25 posts
1 upvote
ETOBICOKE

Orangeville G test route....Plzzzzzzzzz

Hello everyone..
going for a g test in orangeville next week, plz help me any idea abt the route ?
any tips? thanks for help
42 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
24592 posts
2343 upvotes
Ottawa
Well, first you drive down some of the roads around the test center then, you may have ot parallel park then, they may make you do a 3 point turn and finaly, you go on a 4 series highway for a bit.

Are you for real? You should be able to drive by now and should be able to handle whatever they ask you to do. If you cannot, please stay off the roads. ;)
It’s not how far you fall that counts. It’s how high you bounce that counts! General G Patton
Nov 19, 2009
418 posts
36 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote:
Jan 5th, 2012 9:10 am
Well, first you drive down some of the roads around the test center then, you may have ot parallel park then, they may make you do a 3 point turn and finaly, you go on a 4 series highway for a bit.

Are you for real? You should be able to drive by now and should be able to handle whatever they ask you to do. If you cannot, please stay off the roads. ;)

No 4 series highway in orangeville, you go onto hwy 10 instead.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2036 posts
70 upvotes
jeepkings wrote:
Jan 5th, 2012 9:17 am
No 4 series highway in orangeville, you go onto hwy 10 instead.

+1. I took my G test at the Orangeville location as well and the maximum speed limit on Hwy10 is 80 km/h. So you have nothing to worry about. Like Pete_Coach said, if you passed your G2 (which obviously you have), taking your G test is no different than daily driving but with your examiner sitting in your passenger seat. Just be calm, confident, think in advance, and keep checking your side/rearview mirrors every few seconds. The only things you might need to brush up on are your parking skills (parallel, reverse, straight). I was asked to perform all parking maneuvers but that's not necessarily true with every examiner there. Also, the traffic in Orangeville is not that bad so you really have nothing to be worried about.

I don't know the exact route but I remember exiting the parking lot and getting on Hwy10 within a few seconds. Afterwards, my examiner took me on residential streets to perform parallel parking and stopping for an emergency vehicle. After we got back to the drivetest's parking lot, I was asked to demonstrate reverse parking and that was my entire test. I even had FM playing during my test and my examiner was loving the songs :D No joke!

I wish you all the best in your test!
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
25 posts
1 upvote
ETOBICOKE
thanks a lott for ur reply,............i passed my g2 in etobicoke center..i dnt know the orangeville area thats y i am asking ....
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2036 posts
70 upvotes
aleena1 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2012 10:21 am
thanks a lott for ur reply,............i passed my g2 in etobicoke center..i dnt know the orangeville area thats y i am asking ....

Don't worry, you don't need to be familiar with the area to master your test. If that was the case, people would be too afraid to drive to new places ;)

The area is very spacious, lanes are pretty wide, and it's definitely a more comfortable area (at least mentally) than other ones I have seen. You will be fine.
Jun 6, 2012
6 posts
Brampton
Hi eleena, so what became of your roadtest? I have an appointment for G next month. Can you provide some feedback please? Thanks!
Oct 23, 2011
347 posts
62 upvotes
Etobicoke
SoroSuub1 wrote:
Jun 7th, 2012 12:08 pm
If you're that desperate, why don't you just go there and follow a car leaving the lot for a test? o__O

Funny, next on the news we'll hear about 200% increase in accidents in and around test centers :D
Mar 11, 2011
52 posts
9 upvotes
aleena1 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2012 10:21 am
Orangeville driving test route for G license.

Exit from back side of exam centre, take left on 4 ave, left on 3rd street, right on first avenue, parallel parking, left on second st, right on broadway, right on first st, lane changes, merge on hwy 10 south, lane changes, left on Buena vista dr, left on lakeview court, three point turn and emergency stop, almost reverse on same route to exam centre.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2012
1116 posts
204 upvotes
Why do people still do this? Going out to Orangeville or Guelph isn't a guaranteed pass...

I hope ministry cancels their road tests... and revokes driving schools' license who do this..
If you live in Etobicoke, Brampton w/e.. do the test at closest location, if you can't because you lack confidence (or afraid of failing), then don't bother driving
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
5229 posts
1388 upvotes
Markham
Why is everyone going outside their living area to do their G test. I did it in Victoria Park during rush hour. Drive around the neighborhood, get on the highway going north, snail all the way (10km/h) until York Mills, then get off and drive back to Victoria Park. Lol. I never went above 40km/h.
Feb 1, 2010
304 posts
73 upvotes
Why does it matter? If you know how to drive then the test shouldn't even be an issue.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
2490 posts
273 upvotes
Brampton ON
Gorillaa wrote:
May 22nd, 2013 3:16 pm
Why do people still do this? Going out to Orangeville or Guelph isn't a guaranteed pass...

I hope ministry cancels their road tests... and revokes driving schools' license who do this..
If you live in Etobicoke, Brampton w/e.. do the test at closest location, if you can't because you lack confidence (or afraid of failing), then don't bother driving
I'm going to different city because of the date is complicated on my work.
TBAY $50 + 2gb since 2011 up present | As-salamu alaykum
× < >