Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1066 posts
2058 upvotes
Pawtucket

[Orbitz] $30 USD Off $100+ USD Hotel Bookings

Credit goes to DoctorofCredit

1st,Click on link https://maxwellhouse.promo.eprize.com/max/
Then enter information (you can use fake name but use a real email so you can get the code) and click enter now.
After that it will take you to another page that asks you for a code to enter the contest. No need to do that as the coupon code for Orbitz should already be in your inbox. You can continue to play if you want to but the point is to get the Orbitz code.
I was able to get a couple of codes using different emails.

As usual the big chains are usually excluded from the promo code but it still might be worth it for some.

Here are the rest of the terms:
Terms & Conditions
Offers valid at participating hotels only and are subject to availability. Offers vary by property. Minimum night stay may be required, and varies by property. Rules, restrictions, and black out dates may apply. See property pages for further details.

Subject to the restrictions set out in these terms and conditions, this $30 off promotion code may be applied to a qualifying stand-alone hotel (not a hotel booking in combination with any other product such as flight + hotel, or flight +hotel + car) booked online with orbitz.com between September 1, 2017 12:01AM CT and March 31, 2018 11:59PM CT, for 1 or more nights for travel between September 1, 2017, and June 30, 2018. Qualifying bookings instantly receive $30 off at check-out through the use of the promotion code. Customers are limited to one redemption of this promotion code. After this one booking, this promo code will not be able to be used again, even if the booking is cancelled. Exclusions may apply and most major hotel chains are excluded. The promotion code cannot be redeemed against taxes, supplier fees, cancellation or change fees/penalties, administrative fees or other miscellaneous charges, which are the sole responsibility of the customer. Discounts are not redeemable for cash for any reason. Promotion codes are non-transferable, not for resale, and cannot be combined with other offers or used for any booking previously made. Any attempt at fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Orbitz reserves the right to change or limit the promotion in its sole discretion. Usual booking terms and conditions apply (see https://www.orbitz.com/p/info-other/legal.htm) and all bookings are subject to availability.

Prices will be in US dollars. Use ebates for additional CB.

In order to use coupon code, you have to choose pay now. Pay later won't allow you to use coupon code.
Last edited by redboy69 on Sep 6th, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Here's a tip from GangStarr
GangStarr wrote:
Sep 16th, 2017 4:27 am
So I booked 2 nights consecutively at the same hotel on September 14 and it worked.

I think your problem is you have an "account" it's tempting on these sites to "oh just enter a password" I guess/suspect that it is your password.

This is totally a guess here, but considering the IT department at Orbitz seems to have figured out the dot trick (when for example McDonalds in that other thread has not) seems like whoever is coding either isn't stupid, or is reading this site.

Try another computer to be super safe or private browsing, another email and heck may as well use another credit card if you can.

Of course report back to help the rest of the community but it is after all a public forum and someone from Orbitz may very well be watching.

Edit DO NOT USE THE PAY LATER FEATURE. You need to pay upfront for this one to work (but you don't need to book to see if the coupon works)
56 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7104 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks worked for me and it is useful for an upcoming trip. Thanks!
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1084 posts
42 upvotes
stupid question: would there be an issue to use multiple codes on multiple bookings under one orbitz account?
Aug 7, 2015
55 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary, AB
manho wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 12:25 am
stupid question: would there be an issue to use multiple codes on multiple bookings under one orbitz account?
Orbitz coupons generally only work once per account, but I don't see what would stop you from registering multiple accounts...
Jul 15, 2009
513 posts
52 upvotes
Awesome deal, have lots of traveling coming up, so this is perfect. Might try to create multiple accounts to get a little added bonus.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1482 posts
724 upvotes
Thanks OP, I will probably make use of this deal. When you get a minute, could you edit the thread title to make it appear as "US$30 off US$100" just for better clarity?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3990 posts
472 upvotes
Thornhill
Where do I enter it. I don't see any places on orbitz to input the coupon.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6964 posts
1023 upvotes
Ajax
dazz wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 12:48 pm
Where do I enter it. I don't see any places on orbitz to input the coupon.
^ In booking there is an option to enter the coupon code, just above the Credit Card info.
Jun 22, 2007
976 posts
302 upvotes
London, ON
Thanks OP, booked a night next year in Hong Kong.
Oct 24, 2009
191 posts
71 upvotes
Registered 5 times with 5 different emails. Got all 5 different codes. It would be very handy for an impulse weekend trip later on!

Thanks OP! This would be my second time using Orbitz since their black Friday promo 2 years ago.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
2701 posts
690 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 2:09 pm
^ In booking there is an option to enter the coupon code, just above the Credit Card info.
I had a problem finding the place to enter the code too.

If you use pay now it shows up. If you use pay later you can't use promo codes.
Oct 24, 2009
191 posts
71 upvotes
mech9t5 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 5:26 pm
I had a problem finding the place to enter the code too.

If you use pay now it shows up. If you use pay later you can't use promo codes.
That's very typical for travel booking site (same with expedia owned websites). Pay later option is usually pay at hotel.
Aug 5, 2007
686 posts
130 upvotes
Corridor
Use with care for your fellow RFDer: if you use Gmail you can just add an alias to your email, ie: person+alias@gmail.com, and that will be considered a different email address for the form.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1571 posts
116 upvotes
Thanks OP, Registered and got the code
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7238 posts
1430 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks, OP! Is anyone finding that pricing is significantly higher on Orbitz where where when using the coupon code, it works out to the same amount as a regular price elsewhere at the same hotel booking? It may have been just for the one hotel I was looking at, but I wanted to ask if anyone here noticed similar. I woudn't have expected Orbitz to have inflated pricing to acommodate a code, so it was probably just a rarity in my case.