• Jul 19th, 2010 5:08 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 16, 2006
603 posts
159 upvotes
Calgary

Order shipped to wrong address

I was wondering if I could get some advice/input. I recently pre-ordered two games from BestBuy.ca. One of those was Dragon Quest IX, which was released on July 11th. I was wondering why I hadn’t received anything yet, so I logged on to check my order status. I noticed that it had already been shipped, and the tracking info said ‘Calgary’. Problem is, I don’t live in Calgary anymore. Although I had added my new address, my old Calgary address was set as default. This would probably have been caught had I used a credit card, but unfortunately I used a gift card.

I do accept that this was 100% my fault, and Best Buy really doesn’t owe me anything considering they’ve held up their end of the deal. Still, do you think I have any chance in getting a refund or the game sent to the correct address? Anyone ever deal with anything like this before?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
Call Canada post and see if they can redirect the order?

also did anyone sign for it?

If these people are honest, they will reject the package...
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3182 posts
315 upvotes
Mississauga
ouch!

atleast you admit your mistake and aren't blaming best buy :p

1. call bestbuy customer care
2. call a friend in calgary to go check your old address. if the people there say they don't have it, you can show them your tracking order and show that item was shipped and delivered to that address (and then proceed to use physical intimidation if they refuse :p)

dont do that last part.

but yeah don't have high expectations.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
mbk.2k3 wrote:
Jul 19th, 2010 4:23 pm
ouch!

(and then proceed to use physical intimidation if they refuse :p)

WOW!

> :( :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6118 posts
848 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Call Canadapost first, but chances are they will not let you change your address if you are the receiver. I think the sender can do it though, so you might have to go through Best Buy.

I hope that at least the package would be return to sender if they don't find you at the new address. Problem is that other people accepting your package and don't give it back.
There's a sucker born every minute.
[OP]
Aug 16, 2006
603 posts
159 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks for the help. I've sent BB an email, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully nice people live at my old place. :)