Page 1 of 1

Ordering from Bestbuy.com (Orders Automatically Cancelled)

Posted: Aug 28th, 2013 7:48 pm
by seangoesbonk
I have tried placing online orders multiple times, and every time it gets cancelled. I then called and placed a phone order which then got cancelled as well. No one from BB USA can tell me why, or how to properly place an international order.

The email says, "We're sorry, but the order you placed on August 28, 2013 has been canceled because we were unable to verify your information."

I have a Canadian billing address (but I am using a shipping address in WA state), so I've used the billing address "10780 Kempwood Dr. Houston, TX 77043" as instructed on the following web page:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Shipping-an ... 4400050019

I've tried using 2 different credit cards, and tried placed a phone order as well. I have used online chat, phoned a CSR, and emailed customer support, and no one can tell me why these orders were cancelled.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Ordering from Bestbuy.com (Orders Automatically Cancelled)

Posted: Aug 28th, 2013 8:06 pm
by THEAVS
Perhaps you need a US credit card?

Posted: Aug 28th, 2013 8:32 pm
by aaron158
were are u shipping it to. if u are shipping it to a knowen shipping forwarding company bb usa says they will auto cancel the order. I ship orders to a friends p.o box in the us and he forwards the stuff to me I've never had an issue doing that though I pay with a best buy Canada reward zone visa.

Posted: Aug 29th, 2013 11:32 am
by 1226
aaron158 wrote: were are u shipping it to. if u are shipping it to a knowen shipping forwarding company bb usa says they will auto cancel the order. I ship orders to a friends p.o box in the us and he forwards the stuff to me I've never had an issue doing that though I pay with a best buy Canada reward zone visa.
+1

I bet you're using a blacklisted shipping address.

Posted: Aug 29th, 2013 12:38 pm
by Cheap Cat
Have you tried shipping to the store for pickup? Otherwise, call them and escalate the complaint since you should be able to order. Perhaps the issue is not with Best Buy but your credit card. Have you tried calling them. It is likely a fraud prevention issue.

Posted: Aug 29th, 2013 12:47 pm
by MikeyMadness
Phone you Canadian credit card issuing bank and ask them to add a secondary address to your credit card information. Add the address that is your ship-to address and see if that works. Good luck.

Posted: Aug 30th, 2013 1:51 pm
by seangoesbonk
THEAVS wrote: Perhaps you need a US credit card?
It says on their website that a US card is not required.
aaron158 wrote: were are u shipping it to. if u are shipping it to a knowen shipping forwarding company bb usa says they will auto cancel the order. I ship orders to a friends p.o box in the us and he forwards the stuff to me I've never had an issue doing that though I pay with a best buy Canada reward zone visa.
I am trying to ship to TSB in Point Roberts. They are a package receiving service, but not a forwarding company. I asked about this when I called, and they didn't say there was anything wrong with it.
Cheap Cat wrote: Have you tried shipping to the store for pickup? Otherwise, call them and escalate the complaint since you should be able to order. Perhaps the issue is not with Best Buy but your credit card. Have you tried calling them. It is likely a fraud prevention issue.
I was trying to order a Chromecast, which is not available for in-store pickup. I tried with 2 different cards. I called them, and they had no idea why it was cancelled. They even tried to place the order for me manually, and it got cancelled too.
MikeyMadness wrote: Phone you Canadian credit card issuing bank and ask them to add a secondary address to your credit card information. Add the address that is your ship-to address and see if that works. Good luck.
I've done that already for both cards, and have ordered dozens of items to this shipping address before.

Best Buy USA customer service is probably the worst I have ever seen. Nobody seems to know anything about anything!

Posted: Aug 30th, 2013 3:00 pm
by 1226
seangoesbonk wrote: I am trying to ship to TSB in Point Roberts. They are a package receiving service, but not a forwarding company. I asked about this when I called, and they didn't say there was anything wrong with it.

I've done that already for both cards, and have ordered dozens of items to this shipping address before.
Have you ever successfully shipped Best Buy there before though?

I'm betting the average front line CSR doesn't have access to the list of blacklisted addresses. TSB could very well be on it, even if they aren't technically a forwarding company. Best Buy's T&C say something like they "want to make sure the product is for use in the US" so they could also be intending to include known border package receiving companies on their blacklist (since the vast majority of items shipped there will end up outside the US). If you want to know a package receiver (in Blaine) that is definitely not on their blacklist at the moment, PM me. If it still doesn't work, then a least you can eliminate the shipping address as the problem.

Posted: Aug 30th, 2013 5:48 pm
by iamnotamerican.com
1226 wrote: Have you ever successfully shipped Best Buy there before though?

I'm betting the average front line CSR doesn't have access to the list of blacklisted addresses. TSB could very well be on it, even if they aren't technically a forwarding company. Best Buy's T&C say something like they "want to make sure the product is for use in the US" so they could also be intending to include known border package receiving companies on their blacklist (since the vast majority of items shipped there will end up outside the US). If you want to know a package receiver (in Blaine) that is definitely not on their blacklist at the moment, PM me. If it still doesn't work, then a least you can eliminate the shipping address as the problem.
Yeah...what he said. :-)

I've ordered through BB USA and shipped to a receiving address in Blaine, also without problems.

Good luck resolving yours.

Posted: Sep 20th, 2016 5:03 pm
by mikka1989
lol bump! im having this SAME issue as the op! its for instore pickup at a USA bestbuy store

Posted: Sep 20th, 2016 6:02 pm
by SilenceCat
Bestbuy don't like p.o. box, they wanna have clear address with street and house number.