Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble

Ordering Furniture From Walmart

I'm curious to know if anyone has ordered anything like a sofa or similarly big items from Walmart and had it delivered by CP.

The last time I ordered a Dell 47" TV the CP delivery person was a woman who had to come and ask us to help her unload it. I don't mind helping out, but a sofa and a TV are two very different things. Would they have the provisions in place to delivery a sofa? Would they have 2 person do it? I am going to be living on a 11th floor apartment soon and don't know if they'll have a flat bed or trolly of some kind to get it up.

Yeah I know, furniture from Walmart, you ask?

Kind of on a budget and was thinking I'd do something different from Ikea which is what I've done for the last while. Reviews of furniture from Walmart are a crap shoot, but I'm willing to take the chance.

Thinking of something like this:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/brassex-cha ... 0157834518
11 replies
Feb 2, 2011
394 posts
450 upvotes
You should buy it and tell us your horrible experience :)
Thumbs Up For Hot Deal 😃
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2476 posts
251 upvotes
North York
I wouldn't risk it, last week I had to order a couple of tide jugs from Walmart online since in-store the entire laundry section was empty and I clearly watched the CP lady see us inside through the window and still just stick a notice to pick out up on the door.

I went out and yelled out asking why I needed to pick it up and she yelled out "it's too heavy" and she drove away.
...I felt like yelling out WHY THE F' do CP hire parcel delivery "persons" if they can't lift PARCELS?
LOL
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Google Nexus via Mobilicity $25 BTS unlimited talk/text/data

:lol: $5,000.00 CASH < 2 Minutes :lol:
:lol: McD's
Online Monopoly Winner :lol:
Feb 19, 2012
509 posts
105 upvotes
Montreal
isajoo wrote: I wouldn't risk it, last week I had to order a couple of tide jugs from Walmart online since in-store the entire laundry section was empty and I clearly watched the CP lady see us inside through the window and still just stick a notice to pick out up on the door.

I went out and yelled out asking why I needed to pick it up and she yelled out "it's too heavy" and she drove away.
...I felt like yelling out WHY THE F' do CP hire parcel delivery "persons" if they can't lift PARCELS?
LOL

Exactly same experienced.

CP just hand me a pick up card by hand to me and said it's to heavy.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43249 upvotes
ONTARIO
I've never had Walmart.ca ship anything heavy using CP and I've ordered quite a few times from their site now. It's usually only the lighter stuff (<50lb?) that gets shipped via CP.

My latest heavy order from them was this past December. I ordered a new pantry that had a shipping weight of 95lbs and came in a gigantic box. They shipped it via UPS and it was left right at my door.

I can't see them using CP for a sofa.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2358 posts
618 upvotes
Lindsay, ON
Jimboski wrote: Got two big orders from CP, person rang the door bell and told me to bring them in.
Wow, they rang the doorbell? I wish my delivery lady would ring it. Doesn't matter how heavy things are, she just leaves a card that says no answer. I'd even be happy to carry it myself, would save me from driving all the way to the PO.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2097 posts
319 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm if it's furniture they automatically make it go through UPS? I am thinking of ordering patio furniture and I don't have a car so hoping they don't just leave a door knocker!
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Thanks for the contributions, guys. Yes, I will take a chance and order it. If I get a slip, I will raise and get CP to deliver it or at least pester them to my hearts content.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43249 upvotes
ONTARIO
did your order ship yet? curious who they used. bet it was UPS.
Nov 21, 2013
25 posts
Scarborough, ON
Have you seen the sofa or did you just choose it online? Online furniture is a risk and imo crappy furniture is is a waste of money most of the time (or perhaps I mean to say that good furniture is a good investment).
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36617 upvotes
Scarborough
Jimboski wrote: Got two big orders from CP, person rang the door bell and told me to bring them in.
Same experience in my area. He delivers so many packages to us that even when the shipper screws up and leaves out the apartment #, he just knows where to bring it anyways. :)
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]