• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2018 12:19 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 12, 2018
1 posts

Ordering lens to Canada

Hey

I'm new to Canada and I think but I'm not sure, if ordering a lens from United states is there any tax/customs fees?
Looking to score a nice lens during black friday sales
5 replies
Dec 1, 2016
107 posts
27 upvotes
if you order from Bhphoto, i think you can have free ship for 99Us$+, of course you pay tax in canada 13%, not sure about custom/brokage fee.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
9295 posts
3356 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Before you order that lens from the US, you should familiarize yourself with what will happen to the warranty in Canada. A few OEMs won't warranty the product if it was purchased from another country (heck, Nikon won't even repair it if you paid them to) so you have to see if it's worth the extra trouble if you ever need warranty work.
Aug 1, 2010
915 posts
489 upvotes
Montreal
Ditto

Avoid buying from the USA because of warranty. You won't pay more here. BF deals are often mandated by manufacturers, deals will be similar in Canada.
Jun 13, 2009
290 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Yes there will likely be taxes payable. If you order with amazon, they will add the expected taxes/duties in the total cost so you won't have to worry about delays or paying anything when the item arrives in Canada. If amazon charges the extra for import duties and they are not collected/required by cbsa, they will refund the amount to you.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
4821 posts
265 upvotes
Photographic equipment imported into Canada is Duty Free. But you may have to pay TAX and/or Brokerage fees. But sometimes you get lucky and pay nothing