Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 27, 2009
61 posts
18 upvotes

Ordering a TV from Sony's website and eco-fees

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I were shopping for a TV last week. We saw that Sony 40" R450A (that meets our needs) for 449.99$ + eco-fees (42.50$ here in Quebec) + tax = 566.24$. The price is roughly the same right now on Sony's website, FS, BB, Costco, etc.

But, when we did check on Sony's website, we didn't see anything about the eco-fees at all.. We added this TV to our cart, and proceeded almost to the payment: the total was 517.38$ (0$ shipping). We went to Sony's store here in Quebec city and asked the salesman why there was a difference and he told us that it was probably an error and when we will enter our billing/shipping address it will charge the eco-fees.

We returned home and decided to try to order online: if we are charged the eco-fees, the price remains the same anyway! So we proceeded on last Sunday, and all the emails we received stated a total of 517.38$ shipped. We received the TV today, works like a charm and I was billed a total of 517.38$ on my Visa.

In other words, they seems to not charge the eco-fees when ordering online! I tried to find any other experiences online and found nothing, that's why I share mine! If you are on the market for a Sony product, you might to find this interesting!

Cheers!
6 replies
Mar 23, 2013
706 posts
119 upvotes
Kitchener
Not applicable for me but thanks for posting
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11421 posts
2397 upvotes
Montreal
SiLiZiUMM wrote:
Jan 7th, 2014 11:06 pm
In other words, they seems to not charge the eco-fees when ordering online! I tried to find any other experiences online and found nothing, that's why I share mine! If you are on the market for a Sony product, you might to find this interesting!
FYI Amazon doesn't charge eco fees either. I bought a 50" Toshiba from them on BF for 500$, free shipping, no eco fee. Everywhere else was selling it for 500$ + eco fee.
27kingston wrote:
Jan 8th, 2014 12:23 am
Not applicable for me but thanks for posting
Applicable to anybody who pays an eco fee. Like Amazon, they may not charge any eco fee, ever, anywhere.
Nov 23, 2006
840 posts
23 upvotes
Markham
:::

Do you get the Toshiba 50L5300UC...?

:::

alkizmo wrote:
Jan 8th, 2014 2:27 pm
FYI Amazon doesn't charge eco fees either. I bought a 50" Toshiba from them on BF for 500$, free shipping, no eco fee. Everywhere else was selling it for 500$ + eco fee.
Applicable to anybody who pays an eco fee. Like Amazon, they may not charge any eco fee, ever, anywhere.
[=Talon88=]
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14437 posts
2640 upvotes
Toronto
There is no Eco fee if a TV is refurbished. I know that much. I have no idea why there is no eco fee for ordering online.
Jan 8, 2014
33 posts
14 upvotes
Eco Fee is a must to pay, at least in Canada, from BB or FS, they always labeling the eco fee on the side!
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1147 posts
1235 upvotes
I purchased a TV (55la8600) and laptop (alienware 17) from dell.ca and I was never charged the eco fees.