9 upvotes
Brampton

[Origin] Burnout Paradise Remastered 75% off for owners of old version

Savings:
75%
Retailer:
Origin
More offers from Origin
I have no way to confirm the requirements/details of this offer, but I logged into my Origin dashboard and saw an offer to purchase Burnout Paradise Remastered for 75% off. I assume this is because I already own The Ultimate Box on Origin. Came to $7.33 after taxes and discount. If anyone manages to confirm details of the offer I'll try to update.

Update: The offer has been confirmed by multiple RFDers and apparently works even for some people who only have the game on Steam and not on Origin. Thanks to everyone who's confirmed this!
Last edited by rrockwood on Aug 22nd, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22 replies
Dec 21, 2011
59 posts
26 upvotes
London
I did it when it was a preorder, and yes the discount requires that you have the original burnout on your Origin Account. I have heard people have had some success redeeming the cd key from steam version of the original on their origin accounts to take advantage of the deal.
Jun 26, 2007
749 posts
493 upvotes
I got offered this deal even though I never had Burnout Paradise on Origin. I have it for Steam and Xbox 360. So either EA linked one of those accounts up via email (which is the same) or EA Account, or they're offering this deal to anyone.
Apr 2, 2017
217 posts
113 upvotes
Deal is valid - I bought for the $7 odd. It is for those who already own Burnout Paradise.

Side note : This PC version now comes with ALL the DLC (even the ones that the original game did not have on PC).
Jan 20, 2011
103 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
piperdaddy wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 10:03 am
Side note : This PC version now comes with ALL the DLC (even the ones that the original game did not have on PC).
I didn't know that, interesting. It was definitely jarring in the original version to keep running into all the broken online/DLC gateways
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings
Dec 24, 2017
656 posts
580 upvotes
Downloaded the game using my origin access with 10 hours trial and the game looks like absolute %$^$ on PC. The textures and the graphics are worse than the ultimate edition which I played less than six months ago on PC. I am a huge fan of the burnout games and played them since they were released on gamecube but I wouldn't waste money on this one
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6473 posts
3373 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Does anyone know if this has modern-day wheel/pedals support?
I know that it's more of a twitchy gamepad style of title, but it would still play well with a wheel if properly supported by the dev.
Mar 17, 2015
226 posts
103 upvotes
Winnipeg
I don't have this in my game library yet it seems to be offering me the discount. They must somehow have a list of owners of it on Steam?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6473 posts
3373 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Odd, I've just ordered it and the final price came to $6.81 CAD including taxes.
Curious to see how it looks in 4K on a 55" TV.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13233 posts
3468 upvotes
London
I just redeemed my steam key on origin but it doesn't show up in my games and it isn't giving me a discount :(
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6473 posts
3373 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Flunk wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 9:46 am
I got offered this deal even though I never had Burnout Paradise on Origin. I have it for Steam and Xbox 360. So either EA linked one of those accounts up via email (which is the same) or EA Account, or they're offering this deal to anyone.
Same here, I only have the original vanilla XB360 version on disc and the PS3 version digitally, yet when I logged into my Origin account on the PC it offered me the discount.

Total price was $6.81 CAD, so not sure what's going on price-wise either.

Glad I skipped the remaster for the consoles.

Not complaining, hoping it'll be fun on the PC.

If this has force feedback or direct input support I may even be able to get it working with my motion simulator, which would be both awesome and exhausting. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Dec 24, 2017
656 posts
580 upvotes
Viper98 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 1:39 pm
I just redeemed my steam key on origin but it doesn't show up in my games and it isn't giving me a discount :(
log out and in again. Origin has been having some issues
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13233 posts
3468 upvotes
London
zylonite wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 1:49 pm
log out and in again. Origin has been having some issues
Well that added the Ultimate Box to my library..... but it's still saying it is $26 for me to buy the remaster :(
Sep 24, 2011
101 posts
46 upvotes
Calgary
I just successfully coped my steam key into origin and was able to buy the remastered edition for $6.81CAD. Didn't have to log out or anything.
[OP]
Dec 3, 2011
31 posts
9 upvotes
Brampton
Viper98 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 2:11 pm
Well that added the Ultimate Box to my library..... but it's still saying it is $26 for me to buy the remaster :(
When I first spotted the deal I navigated to the product page to double check and it listed the price as $25.99. I clicked back to the dashboard (first page when you log in) and the offer showed up there. It said 75% off but didn't actually show a price until you started the checkout process. Hope this helps!