[Origin] Join Origin Access Basic - $0.99 for First Mth

Price:
$0.99
Expiry:
February 4, 2019
Retailer:
Origin
More offers from Origin
From January 29 through February 4, 2019 you can get the first month of Origin Access Basic on PC for just $0.99*. Once you’re in, immerse yourself in games like STAR WARS™: Battlefront™ II, The Sims™ 4, Burnout™ Paradise Remastered, and Madden NFL 19, which hits The Vault on February 1. You can also be among the first in line to test drive up to 10 hours of bleeding edge titles like FIFA 19, Battlefield™ V and Anthem™ (going live February 15) with Play First Trials. Best part is, when you decide to buy the game, your progress carries over. Oh, did we forget to mention the 10% discount on digital purchases on Origin™ that comes with joining?
Last edited by rebel_rfd on Jan 30th, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
34 replies
Aug 26, 2018
26 posts
25 upvotes
Been thinking about getting the Basic for a while now!

Giving it a shot with this deal for a month. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
1741 posts
1180 upvotes
Kitchener
What is the regular price for this service?
Gaming PC: i5 6500 *i5 9400f soon*, GTX 1070 8gb, 16GB RAM
Media PC: i5 4570, GTX 1070 8gb, 16GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4219 posts
1263 upvotes
Hrm, might be worth if just for the 10% off if I decide to buy Anthem.

Still mulling it over.

Thanks for the heads up.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7959 posts
3139 upvotes
East York
First month only... thread title is misleading
Feb 12, 2014
340 posts
413 upvotes
vancouver
Don't give ea money. Look at what they did to mass effect, dragon age and titanfall 2.
They always let their single player games suffer.
Meanwhile they try to cash in on lootboxes and 10+ dlc for the sims.
And the yearly updates for NHL are like minimal work done while they charge you 79.99 for new and can't even update the engine to frostbite.
Jun 22, 2015
29 posts
8 upvotes
Worth it for the 10 hour Anthem trial in my opinion... I doubt it'll have the staying power past that for me. A Way Out should be an alright coop game as well.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18921 posts
5740 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
RiCHC3 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 1:46 pm
Hrm, might be worth if just for the 10% off if I decide to buy Anthem.

Still mulling it over.

Thanks for the heads up.
Still a bunch cheaper to just buy at cdkeys.

I thought you needed premier to get anthem access the week early? (Aha, without premier it's only a 10 hour trial)

"Best part is, when you decide to buy the game, your progress carries over. "
Will my progress carry over if I get early access to the game on the 15th then add the game to my account via key purchased elsewhere ... I wonder.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2010
1253 posts
570 upvotes
Surrey
BinaryJay wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 3:17 pm
Will my progress carry over if I get early access to the game on the 15th then add the game to my account via key purchased elsewhere ... I wonder.
Your save games plus multiplayer progress is in the cloud so even if you cancel after 1 month and get the game from any other source later, those save games will still be applicable. Imagine if you still have save games at your home gaming computer. Doesn't matter if you uninstalled the game and install it later from a different source (DVD vs Origin client). They will still work just fine.
0 tolerance for BS.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18921 posts
5740 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
grayhal wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 4:06 pm
Your save games plus multiplayer progress is in the cloud so even if you cancel after 1 month and get the game from any other source later, those save games will still be applicable. Imagine if you still have save games at your home gaming computer. Doesn't matter if you uninstalled the game and install it later from a different source (DVD vs Origin client). They will still work just fine.
Yeah I get that, but the situation is funny because you're playing a "early access trial" ... will it consider an origin key you activate as the same game in your library or a different game altogether. I tried their live chat and the agent was about as useless as I expected, completely misunderstood just about everything I was asking and I'm sure gave me 100% inaccurate information that contradicted basic things that their FAQ was stating. When you buy the game through origin, it should all work... the wildcard is when you buy the game elsewhere.

I'd like to think the worst case is your 10 hours don't transfer over, and you lose 10 hours of progress, not big deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2010
1253 posts
570 upvotes
Surrey
BinaryJay wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 5:06 pm
Yeah I get that, but the situation is funny because you're playing a "early access trial" ... will it consider an origin key you activate as the same game in your library or a different game altogether. I tried their live chat and the agent was about as useless as I expected, completely misunderstood just about everything I was asking and I'm sure gave me 100% inaccurate information that contradicted basic things that their FAQ was stating. When you buy the game through origin, it should all work... the wildcard is when you buy the game elsewhere.

I'd like to think the worst case is your 10 hours don't transfer over, and you lose 10 hours of progress, not big deal.
I strongly believe that getting a game from a place like CD keys will be no different from getting the same game directly from Origin. A different version of game doesn't show up in your library if the source of your serial key was CD keys.
Also I think the exact same game shows up in your library but just with the 10 hours time limit. Also the full version of the game is available to you when you activate the trial. So any progress/save for that particular game is universal as long as you are using Origin.

Now if we are talking about alpha/beta/demo, then I think progress may not carry over. For example, I may or may not see any extra unlocks when I finally get BF V, after already having played the beta.
0 tolerance for BS.
Nov 22, 2013
622 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
Ok this is not going well. The first time it refused to take my PayPal and now it is in some sort of frozen state the second time I tried to get this done. Eh logged out and it fixed things. Got the basic to play one game basically .... The Surge. 99 cent trial for one month of Origin Access Basic = awesome.
Last edited by LetsMakeADeal2013 on Jan 30th, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 19, 2005
997 posts
226 upvotes
I have had this for a couple years. The value you are getting in this service is ridiculous compared to buying things individually off STEAM.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain.